CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Signature Banners

Old 02-18-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
Drizzt80
Signature Banners

Heya Rich,
Any chance you would consider allowing contributors to place a small, size designated, banner within their signature?!

D80

Old 02-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
El Jefe
I 2nd that motion....and if I become moderator I will use my persuasive powers and the art of manipulation to gain the desired effect. So...remember, vote for me in the 2007 Moderator Race.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
Jeff, you are just too much!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
Tula_Montage
I think it would be wise to make it a contributers only privilege. It may get some more revenue for the site :-p

I know I coughed up my £13 something just so I could have a bigger avatar LOL

Old 02-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
Fenderplayer108
I think this would also be a good idea for contributors. As long as there were some rules and a size limit.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
Rich Z
Sorry, but at this time I am not inclined to allow that option.

On one of my other sites, I do allow graphics in the signature area, and it is a real eyesore to behold. I am constantly having to ask the member to NOT use a 1024x768 image there. Eventually, as membership and traffic grows there, I am certain I will have to remove that option.

Since the signature area does not have any inherent limits on the size of a graphic (as does the avatar), I am certain I would have the same problem here.

Not to mention that it makes reading a thread rather difficult with all the distracting banners interlaced between nearly every post.

And there is the additional concern of bandwidth for those poor unfortunates still using dialup. It would add SUBSTANTIAL download time for every thread that contained posts with those embedded graphics.

Sorry, but from what I can see, there are far too many negatives to outweigh the positives.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
Jay@PJCReptiles
Not sure if my .02 counts, but I thought it was a pretty good idea.
Jay

Old 02-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
Emanon
I can understand the desire to have one and the reason they are not allowed. I think that a link to the site in the sig area is enough... formulate a banner type avatar and have the link in the sig... all is well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google