CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

HUGE finds...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
dwyn127
Very cool Chris! Cute little buggers!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #12
dionythicus
I'd be wary of bragging about this find. I've looked into keeping them before and have found many states with laws prohibiting keeping, collecting or breeding them. California is one such state, unless they've loosened up. This is from www.rubberboas.com....

"As of the time of writing, CA allowed the capture of 2 boas with a current fishing license, except for southern Rubber Boas, and no sale of any sort...All states but WA and CA allow for some avenue of breeding native boas. Again -first check with your local F&G to be sure what the laws are before attempting to catch one, or sell any offspring you have as I could be mistaken."

Old 06-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #13
Nanci
Chris has a fishing permit!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #14
diamondlil
Beautiful finds, congrats!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #15
Nanci
I think they should be named Gumby and Pokey.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
TandJ
Quote:
I'd be wary of bragging about this find. I've looked into keeping them before and have found many states with laws prohibiting keeping, collecting or breeding them. California is one such state, unless they've loosened up. This is from www.rubberboas.com....

"As of the time of writing, CA allowed the capture of 2 boas with a current fishing license, except for southern Rubber Boas, and no sale of any sort...All states but WA and CA allow for some avenue of breeding native boas. Again -first check with your local F&G to be sure what the laws are before attempting to catch one, or sell any offspring you have as I could be mistaken."
Quote:
Chris has a fishing permit!
Probably has his fishing lisence, no doubt.. Likely following the rules as close as he can.. *shrugs* When people start talking about holding native species inside a forum, thats usually the time F&G show up at your door. Pretty solid advice about not talking about the finds you have kept, no matter if your under bag limit or not.. Of course I am not all that keen on keeping WC animals for a few reasons..

Regards... Tim of T and J

Old 06-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
dpreston66
Very cool!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #18
dionythicus
Here in Washington, you can't even touch one on the ground, but you can technically own one of if was bred out of state. I'd love to own them, and I love the ones Chris found. The light colour is too cool.

I'm too paranoid about Big Brother to risk hunting for rubber boas in Washington, although I'd love to. Unfortunately, I know of someone else on another forum was reported to Fish and Game apparently by a disgruntled member of the same forum although she had done nothing wrong. She had to put up with them on her doorstep asking questions because someone reported her for accidentally catching a protected species in a humane trap intended to catch something else. It was scary to hear what happened.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #19
tyflier
All of my collections are perfectly legal. I am allowed to catch and keep, with a valid fishing license, 2 of each of the species that I plan on keeping...and I only plan on keeping one of each for my own collection. Kaylee also has a valid fishing license. Zayne doesn't need one.

As well...the Lt. for the DFG in my county is a friend. He knows he is welcome to knock on my door at anytime. I have nothing to hide with my collection in any way. I welcome the DFG with open arms.

In California, I would be in more trouble for ordering these snakes and having them shipped from another state, than for collecting them with a fishing license. Importation of native species is HEAVILY frowned upon...much more severe than field collecting...

Now...if this was a "For Sale" ad...I would have my propogation permit number proudly displayed in bold print right in the ad before I ever posted it...

Old 06-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #20
Hunter2011
omg they are awesome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google