CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

I moved and got a new neighbor
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #71
tyflier
I can't take credit for this. I was merely forwarded an email from the zoo regarding young snakemaster. I won't point out who IS to be credited with this bit of investigative genius, but they are a member here, and if they want, they can step forward.

If not...they merely need to let me know, and I will be happy to copy the email from the Luray Zoo right here for all to see...

Stuff this funny should not be kept private...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #72
starsevol
Oh great...here I am at the shop with work to do and now you have me glued to my comp....waiting....with great anticipation.....

Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #73
Drewby07
this I just have to see.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #74
sober_serpents
hahahaha- i wanna see

Old 10-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #75
AshieInMyPocket
I found this, and I thought that I might share. I'm not sure of the validity of this but it was funny to me considering the previous discussion. Here is the link : http://www.sierrapotomac.org/W_Needh...ead_050704.htm

Here is the important part:
"Many studies have been conducted on snakebites, all relying on reported incidents and subject to the limitations of empirical data collection and interpretation. About 4,000 to 7,000 snakebites are reported in the United States annually out of an estimated 45,000 that occur. Deaths from snakebite of any kind are rare, averaging about 10 to 15 per year. A 1954 Virginia study found that copperheads comprised 119 of the 134 snakebites reported between 1941 and 1953. A study of 400 copperhead bites found that only two incidences resulted in death, both due to simultaneous bites by 3 or more snakes. Bites occur on the extremities 95% of the time (56% on the hand) largely because about 40% of all bites occur from handling pets or attempting to capture snakes in the wild. "

Ok, so a person has been killed by copperhead venom but they got bit by 3 or more of them. What were they doing? Rolling around in a bunch of copperheads?

Old 10-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #76
RobbiesCornField
It was me. I wanted to check the validity of his claimed employee/manager status.

Quote:
Thank you for alerting me to this situation. David (snakemaster24) does not work here, he is in fact an occasional volunteer. The boy must be supervised while he's here and I imagine should be supervised on your chat list as well. He is not in charge of, and he does not manage any of our animals here.

(name removed)
Luray zoo

Old 10-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #77
Drewby07
priceless. I might have removed his name tho....

Old 10-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #78
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewby07 View Post
priceless. I might have removed his name tho....
The only reason I didn't remove his name is because it wasn't a full name. I'm sure there are plenty of 14 year old David's in Virginia.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #79
starsevol
Robbie, I love you too!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #80
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Robbie, I love you too!!!!!!!!
Awww. I love you guys, too!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread