CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

View Poll Results: What weekend is best ( pick one or two) for Herping Hocking Hills.
June 6,7 1 12.50%
June 13,14 3 37.50%
June 20,21 4 50.00%
June 27,28 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

OHIO HERPERS ( calling all)

Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #41
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Kyle, just so you know, I'm not going to be able to make it.

D80
well, then I'm not going!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #42
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Kyle, just so you know, I'm not going to be able to make it. Don't hold up your plans on my account though.

D80
Sorry to hear that brother...

Quote:
And if you don't find any animals you can all go back to Kyle's house, he can release his snakes, you can all count to 100....
Danny,
We could just as easily do that at your house Buster!
Seriously, Are you intersted in coming, or are you fraidy of the boogey man in da woods?

Old 05-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #43
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Sorry to hear that brother...

Danny,
We could just as easily do that at your house Buster!
Seriously, Are you intersted in coming, or are you fraidy of the boogey man in da woods?
Scared of the woods?? You serious?? I like to take leisurely walks after dark in my hockey mask with my chainsaw....scared, HA!

I couldn't commit due to my son being in a baseball travel league. He plays three games during the week with weekend tournaments.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #44
wmdude102086
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Do a Mapquest, I don't think HH is that far from you.
Sadly from me, it lists it 4 hours from my house, bummer. I went herping to a community park yesterday, found a garter,black snake and water snake as well as obsene amounts of bullfrogs and tons of birds, deer, and many small mammals. Great place it check out. Have to find some locals to take.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #45
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdude102086 View Post
Sadly from me, it lists it 4 hours from my house, bummer. I went herping to a community park yesterday, found a garter,black snake and water snake as well as obsene amounts of bullfrogs and tons of birds, deer, and many small mammals. Great place it check out. Have to find some locals to take.
It's about the same for me, but I'm still making plans to go!!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #46
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
It's about the same for me, but I'm still making plans to go!!
What date works for you, Dusty? Just trying to get more opinions out there...

Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #47
pwargcm
i know its says im in buffalo. but my dad just got word his job is moving him to ohio. so him and my mom are moving and asked if i wanted to go with them. and i finally gave in and said yeah. so i could be closer to my 3 brothers and my niece and nephew. so im going to be moving outside of cleveland near streetsboro. i would love to go field herping and meet some new people if im there in time.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #48
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
What date works for you, Dusty? Just trying to get more opinions out there...
Any weekend in June but the 21st.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #49
kingwoz60
Sounds very interesting. Are there any threads with tips and tricks on herping? This sounds like a fun thing to do with the kids this spring and summer. I'm just worried that it might be kind of boring in Northern Illinois. I may have to go further south.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #50
ForkedTung
HERPING HOCKING HILLS

OK, so we weren't getting enough feedback and/or commitment on when to go so there is now a poll attached to this thread. Please pick one or two weekends max. in June (I figured we should move it back so there is more time to plan it)that would be best for you to meet up for a Herping in Hocking Hills weekend? The poll will close in two weeks so by that time I would expect that the weekend with the most votes will be the one that most of us will head that way. This should also end any hard feelings in case a weekend was picked by one person ( namely me) we'll let democracy work for this eh?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google