CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

The Little Cobra That Could: A Drama

Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #41
Zulu3
She got in a big fight on another thread "I hate you ACLU" was saying some ugly stuff and then she asked to be banned and threatened to break a rule if she wasn't so dean banned her. the whole thread is ridonculous. Anyway that's why.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #42
bfreewally1
wow, I guess nobody should handle a garter anymore. Your numbness was you freaking out. You saw blood and and thought you were poisoned. If thats true then they should be listed as venomous. How many people do you see in the new that die of a garter snake or any other than I listed? Do your research. And show me some facts...

Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #43
Brewster320
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreewally1 View Post
o.k. tell me about it. I`ve never heard of anyone dying from a bite from a garter snake or any other snake besides the ones I listed. Prove it. Lethally?
Google it, look it up. Its a fact. And no ones ever died from a garter or hognose because they very weak venom plus they have a very poor delivery system. Hognoses have rear fangs so they have to chew in order to inject venom and garters inject venom in a similar way to gila monsters were it sweeps in the wound as the animal chews. Their bites might not kill but they do have effects on people including swelling, numbness, and pain. Also it varys from person to person. This person here was chewed on by a western hognose.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #44
speirsaaron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu3 View Post
She got in a big fight on another thread "I hate you ACLU" was saying some ugly stuff and then she asked to be banned and threatened to break a rule if she wasn't so dean banned her. the whole thread is ridonculous. Anyway that's why.
ah okie lol thanks

Old 10-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #45
bfreewally1
o.k. I`ll be sure not to touch another garter or hognose.. Just like some people are allergic to bee stings.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #46
Brewster320
Quote:
wow, I guess nobody should handle a garter anymore. Your numbness was you freaking out. You saw blood and and thought you were poisoned. If thats true then they should be listed as venomous. How many people do you see in the new that die of a garter snake or any other than I listed? Do your research. And show me some facts...
The snake is only a foot long and there wan't any blood and the bite didn't hurt at all. After about 5mins I got a pins and needles feeling in my finger, and 10mins after that I lost most feeling in that finger and it stayed like that for a little over an hour. Then I slowly started getting feeling back in my finger. Like I said its incredibly weak, some people have more of a recation to it than other. I only got a numb finger, I've seen pictures of people whos entire arm swelled up.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #47
bfreewally1
the guy was an idiot to let him chew on him.. corals have rear fangs too and can kill...

Old 10-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #48
snakewispera snr
Garters may not be that venomous..... But they are the most poisonous snake in the U.S.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #49
Brewster320
Quote:
the guy was an idiot to let him chew on him.. corals have rear fangs too and can kill...
Corals are actually front fanged and they are part of the cobra family. The difference between garters and hogs vs. corals is that corals are extremly venomous while the venom from a garter or a hognose can be compared to a bee's.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #50
bfreewally1
I`ve never heard of anyone dying from garter bite. Poisonous and venomous is the same thing.. Do you think a rattlesnake is less poisonous than a garter in the U.S?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google