CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

The Little Cobra That Could: A Drama

Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #81
batman361
looks like a little hog nose to me. nice pics though.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #82
Teddy Roosevelt
BRAAAAAINS, THIS THREAD WANTS BRAAAAAAAAINSSSS

Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #83
Aislin
Brilliant lol. Poor little adder...

Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #84
Aislin
I should have read the rest of this....Pepper.....that movie was hilarious...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #85
rolandslf
I have taken the time to read through this post and so would like to make a few observations.

This snake is indeed a Hoggie, classified as being a rear fanged mildly venemous snake with venom regarded as being inconsequential to man.
I am no Hoggie expert, but to refer to it as a "Puff Adder" could have deadly implications. The "Puff Adder" (Bitis arietans arietans), is a highly venomous individual with a bite which is deadly to man.

Lastly, a mop handle against a Cobra would result in a deadly duel, with the Cobra having the greater chance of being the victor.

This has been thusfar an excellent post with many interesting viewpoints, and I hope that no offence has been caused or taken by my observations.

Ciao

Old 01-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #86
Ayin
I also have a Western Hoggie, and he is by far the CUTEST snake I've ever seen! He's almost 2 now, and has lost his "I'm a big, bad, FIERCE monster" routine. Now he just gets grumpy and gives me a little hiss if I disturb him when he doesn't wanna. When he was still a hatchling and wasn't convinced I wasn't going to eat him, I did get bumped here and there. No actual bites. Just one heck of a show, although he never went to full neck-spread mode.

I'm hoping to find a girlfriend for him this year, although I think any breeding I do will be at least a year away. I know this is a bit OT, but does anyone have pics of a green hoggie? I've heard of them, and suspect my boy may be one, or maybe het, but I can't find any pics of a green to compare him to. His browns are definitely more olive than other Westerns I've seen. Any help would be appreciated

Old 01-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #87
lajes
what a great story brilliant pics love it
and realy rofl!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #88
Katie612
Great story and great pictures... cracked me up!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #89
Outcast
i wish i had a hoggie, they are so cute...lol

Old 01-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #90
Lolo
That is absolutely adorable. I'm getting a hognose (Western) this month, and my roommate & I were joking about making her play dead... I hear they don't often do it in captivity, but I soooooo want to witness that firsthand!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google