CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Anyone on facebook see this???

Old 05-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #51
vetusvates
Megan (alias Sherlock Holmes), interesting. Excellent work.
And as I was saying about the keeled scales and odd body shape for a "corn"............
The inside (concave) curve of a loop of snake body has that triangular cross-sectional shape that pit vipers have. (I was thinking water snake, Nerodia, but a copperhead will do just fine.)

I'm kind of clumsy with pics and stuff, but this region of serpentine morphology says 'not corn' :
The shadow, cast from light point of origin at 4-6 o'clock, even casts a shadow of the snake's dorsum on the external vertical concavity of the inside of the loop.

[IMG]screen capture deleted, in good faith, at photographer's request/vv319/vetusvates/facebookmysterysnakescreen-capture.png[/IMG]

Old 05-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #52
RavenSpirit360
WOW I can see it Megan.. And compare the pattern on the piebalds head to the pattern on the other snakes head.. HA.... wow Great job girl!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #53
RavenSpirit360
Great job as well Eric.. I knew it.!!! HAHAHA!!!! ANd after what I just read about this guy.. I know what type of person he is and yeah..

Old 05-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #54
amazondoc
Darn, I can't find the pics or discussion on his facebook site.

I only live a coupla hours from him. I could go take a real pic.....

Old 05-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #55
El Jefe
I doubt it is a photo shop job.

From what I know about Chuck, he is big into hots..especially native hots...and not so much into colubrids and others. He has had a hot display at the Columbia Repticon Shows before to show the different species native to the state. I think if he was going to "joke" around and waste his time with photo shop you'd see a hot of some sort as those are his pride and joy.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #56
snakewispera snr
If it was a PS prank, I can't see why Chuck is carrying it on.... Surly it wouldn't do his credibility any good to keep up the pretence..

Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #57
ghosthousecorns
I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt until I see a better pic than a cell phone one in light of what Jeff just said. There has never been a new cornsnake morph that wasn't accompanied by its naysayers, but if I had one, proving it was the real deal and showing the naysayers were wrong would be a big priority.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #58
CrousesCorns
I wasn't kidding at all.....I saw that name and knew the person was here and hoping they would answer the questions. As usual the suspect didn't...what a bummer!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #59
TandJ
I'm with Jeff on this one.. I don't think its been PS, unlike some of the pictures I do see around here.. It could be a pied persian rat, but I think I am going to sit back and watch what unfolds..

Now only if Blue King would sit tight long enough to produce more of those metelic caramel looking things..

Regards... Tim of T and J

Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #60
RavenSpirit360
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondoc View Post
Darn, I can't find the pics or discussion on his facebook site.

I only live a coupla hours from him. I could go take a real pic.....
Yeah that would be cool.. HAHa... Wonder what he would say to it... The pics are on here though..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google