CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Do corn snakes need calcium supplement?

Old 02-20-2020, 11:50 PM   #1
jmattdabbs
Do corn snakes need calcium supplement?

Hey, I’m a first time corn snake owner, and I purchased a setup from the pet store where the snake was purchased. It came with Tetra Reptocal and the guy at the pet store said to put it on the mice before feeding. Is this normal practice? I’ve had other reptiles before and used something similar when feeding insects, but I haven’t seen this recommendation anywhere for corn snakes. I just wanted to check here before I did it. Thanks

Old 02-21-2020, 09:39 AM   #2
Rich Z
Yes, we used to give the baby snakes calcium supplements every meal. Just make sure you are providing vitamin D-3 too.

We would just dip the back end of the pinky mouse into the powder.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:08 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
yes, I give my full grown 5 year old Corn snake a reptile vitamin which contains calcium every 4th feeding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google