• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Clover - Red Factor Snow

hypnoctopus

Olivia Barron
My newest baby. I need to take her outside for some proper pictures with a real camera, but it's so hot here, so I may just have to wait until the weather cools off a bit.

The day I picked her up:

0a5u5pCl.jpg

Today, after her first feeding and shed with me:

4tj4WzDl.jpg

Thank you!

I took some better photos today. Tried to use some natural light through the window, but I couldn't figure out the white balance, so the photos look a little blue tinted. She was a perfect little model, though! Hardly moved at all.

2Yn9w1Mh.jpg

z9K6oBBh.jpg

TDVsljYh.jpg

sut8Kilh.jpg

8XTMwSyh.jpg

2ryo2iFh.jpg

9p81HVuh.jpg

Tried to get some accurate photos of Clover's pink today - as always, pink is the hardest color to capture accurately! But these are a decent representation.

7vPoooCh.jpg

v871UMEh.jpg

cCm7u4ih.jpg

gNsbk0hh.jpg

dxbbKoth.jpg

Tried to take some updated photos of Clover, but she was NOT having it today! So here's one spunky photo that wasn't just a blur.

Attachments

• 20210413_174515.jpg
    20210413_174515.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 68
Thanks! Photos of her are always so hard. Despite using the exact same setup and settings today that I used for Zinnia, for some reason Clover's photos look more blue?

So I picked Clover up out of her enclosure for feeding today and immediately thought I felt a lump inside her. Sure enough, I palpated her and she has at least 4 eggs developing. I weighed her too and she jumped up 20 grams in a month (from 80 grams to 103 today). She's obviously never been with a male, so I'm really hoping she'll just reabsorb them! Haha, I'll have to make her like a deli cup sized lay box!

Attachments

• 20210502_115233.jpg
    20210502_115233.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 36
I've never heard of a female that young/small laying eggs, but nature does surprise us from time to time.
She's really growing up nicely!

So Clover did reabsorb her follicles. Tried to take some new photos of her today. I think owning a pink snake obligates you to complain about photographing said snake every time you take new photos, so once again, I will reiterate that it seems to be impossible to capture her colors correctly, but at least she's very cooperative so I can try taking the exact same shot a bunch of times.

Attachments

• 20210918_140605.jpg
    20210918_140605.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 23
Back