CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Eye candy for DLena! Coco Chanel and Twister.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:07 AM   #61
DLena
Smile The Epic Saga of Twister and Coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia
Did they arrive safely?
Oh my gosh, yes they arrived safe and sound! I'm going to copy this onto the EYE CANDY thread for everyone else, too. I apologize to anyone who was wondering what the heck was going on with my lack of contact today:
Instead of 330, I get to FedEx at 3:55pm because things ran over at school. I literally ran out of the building and sped all the way there I was so worried about them all day. I get home with the package, look at them in their deli cups and 1. They are so beautiful, even in their paper towels. 2. They are so SMALL. I do not know what I was thinking. Of course they would be small; they are REAL babies. But the smallest snake I ever had was Ayasha and she was 7 months old when I got her.
So I go for my phone to call you, Tavia, that they arrived just fine and about the vivs I have ready because I'm sure they're too big and that's when I realize I don't have my phone or my laptop because I left that bag at school and accidentally brought my supplies back home with me instead. And the school closed at 4pm.
I talked myself off the ledge and triaged. I have a hatchling rack from Dragons4You that I bought because I have a couple of specific morphs on prepay with Don Soderberg and figured I'd need something like that (so WHY I never made the connection for Twister and Coco, I don't know) I got it all unpacked and unwrapped and heating up and then panicked over what would fit in there for him. He's got a little tupperware container for water and two tp cores for hides with sphagnum in them. One is a humid hide and one is dry.
His coloring is absolutely gorgeous in person. It is going to be something to see when he's all grown up. He is a feisty little guy, all tail rattling and watching me when I took the lid off - good for him! Traveling in a deli cup is not first class, no matter how well they're packed...no view and no dinner service. When I put a tp core up to the deli cup, he went right in one side, out the other, and into the other one! SOOOOO ADORABLE.
Now I'm looking at the 40gal Neodesha and at Coco, and I'm thinking, son of a pup; I will NEVER FIND HER IN THERE!!! So I take Gypsy's 28 quart feeding bin to make it into a condo for Coco, but I don't want to have to take the Neodesha all apart for the UTH, so I run to the pet store for a new one and get pulled over for speeding, which I WAS doing because I was so worried about the amount of time she was spending in the deli cup.
I think the officer thought I was nuts because I'm all crying and trying to explain how Coco's been in a deli cup since yesterday and she's sitting on my kitchen counter but I had to get this heat mat for her, and I'm waving it around in the car and he lets me go, but then follows me the last 2.5 miles to my house to make sure I don't speed anymore. (And I'm all PO'd because I just bought UTH's from HorseLoverZ and KNEW I should have gotten more than I did.
I have never in my life seen anything like Coco. She glistens ! And the way she MOVES, it's like flowing water. She doesn't rattle, but she's circling the deli cup very slowly. She has a woven twig hide on the cool side, a very low wooden (almost) flat on the hot side, and I took two paper towel cores and put sphagnum in them, one dry and one humid for her as well. I put a core right next to the deli cup. She doesn't go into it headfirst like Twister did, she sort of flows in backward, so both her head and tail and sticking out of the tube, still in the deli cup, but the whole middle length of her body is in the tube. AND THERE'S NO SOUND as she backs herself totally into the tube.
Then I lift the deli cup out of the bin, and then lift the tube to see how she fits in there and SHE'S NOT THERE! I'm immediately panicking...not in the other tube, not under the flat, She's all the way across the tub and under the woven hide. In a heartbeat! She is that fast! And when I tip the hide to look for her, she lifts her head and gives me a, "Yes, I'm cozy, now what do you want?" kind of look. I have 12 binder clips going around the lid of the bin. I am SO WORRIED she'll get out and I'll never find her again, and you will all have to take up a collection to pay for my therapy, or get Axis to give me therapy for free.
Should I put her in the 40 gal Neodesha? I have a perfect cardboard strip that completely blocks the sliding door gap. I know she won't escape, but will I be able to take her out of there without scaring her? It has two cork hides, a climbing branch, a few climbing plants and vines, and a water bowl. The bin she's in now has regular soldering iron-sized holes...
They are everything I wished for and more. Thank you for all the effort you put into Twister for me, he's such a special little guy, and Coco is poetry in motion, even though that sounds "corny".
And the reason why I'm able to send this message out? My assistant principal saw my stuff left behind in the meeting room, looked up my address, and dropped it off after he went to dinner, since I don't have to be back in the building until next week. I am blessed.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:42 AM   #62
Tavia
Sounds like quite the adventure!

Isn't that the funniest thing, Coco's middle first wedge manoeuvre?! I've seen her do that a number of times and it's so cute.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:50 AM   #63
DollysMom
Here's a hug for you, DLena. That was quite an adventure!

I'm so glad you and your snabies are okay!

Old 08-25-2016, 09:13 AM   #64
Eavlynn
It sounds like you had quite the eventful evening! Thank goodness you have such a wonderful principal. I'm glad you finally have your babies

Old 08-25-2016, 01:12 PM   #65
Zombiegirl
So glad they arrived safely!!! And what a tale to tell, my goodness! Enjoy your new babies, I can't wait to see update threads!!!

Dangit, this makes me really wish I had my new boa already!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google