CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Coming soon....

Old 08-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #31
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagodzinski View Post
That is a really great picture! I love the focus with the water droplets.

I love seeing the progression pictures of the GTP, it will be cool to see the color change over time.
Thank you!
I took this with my Nikon D5100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
That one is holding on to the yellow really well so far!
I know! I'm anxious to see this one change color!
I'm being conservative on feeding, because I do not want a prolapse. I know, not too common, but I'm being very careful.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #32
MysticExotics
"Wicked" (whom I still have not sexed) is looking very good!

I haven't been in any rush to sex him/her because I don't plan on getting any other GTP's, I wont be breeding him/her.

Wicked will remain my token GTP.

They are pretty cool creatures, and some days I'm tempted to get more, but alas, I will have to stick with just one.

Even so, I adore this creature!

Old 08-31-2016, 11:59 PM   #33
HerpsOfNM
Looks like he/she just went through its changling phase and the green's starting to darken. Looking mighty nice! Keep an eye out on the sheds, usually the easiest way to ID males is when sperm plugs are shed out. I want to say that happened around 2 years of age on my Freek Nuyt wamena.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:07 AM   #34
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
Looks like he/she just went through its changling phase and the green's starting to darken. Looking mighty nice! Keep an eye out on the sheds, usually the easiest way to ID males is when sperm plugs are shed out. I want to say that happened around 2 years of age on my Freek Nuyt wamena.
Thank you! I forgot about the sperm plugs. I'll have to check on the next shed.
I've been cautious about feeding, I don't want to chance prolapse. I've heard a few stories, it makes me nervous. LOL

How many GTP's do you have?

Old 09-01-2016, 12:29 AM   #35
HerpsOfNM
At my greatest I had 9, critters spanned from animals from Lemontree X Vargin and a Mike Zangari animal, a gorgeous aru from Aruboy x Greta (I think...spacing on breeder, used to own ChrondroWeb MegF, might know), to a sweetheart of a jayapura from Shawn Gray. My original was a female aru from Garrick DeMeyer. Nothing high end other than some meraukes I mention below. I'm more of a locality chondro guy than a designer. I don't find the appeal in shelling out $5K for a baby that could end up ugly green even though the parents are amazing.

Here's a link to my former jayapura, Cathy references me in a reply. The parents are the 1st 2 photos, my jaya the last. I sold her to Cathy after she lost the dam. They're from Ian G...ski line I can't remember how to spell his name.

http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/reply/15186

Unfortunately after loosing 2 meraukes and $3200 between them I've pretty much backed off from chondros for now. My wife wants to get me back into them, as when we were dating I had 5 chondros still in my collection. As she puts it, she saw the twinkle in my eye that the chondros brought out. The corns, as simple as they are, have done the same thing.

EDIT: Attachment = my DeMeyer Aru circa 2008, after going hormonal blue from her first clutch in 2007.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #36
MysticExotics
Gorgeous! I love the chondros, and if I had the money, I'd have at least one melanistic. Stunning animals!

It's been tough not to add more.
I worry about the random issues with them, and hope I don't experience first hand any of them.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #37
HerpsOfNM
I did which is why I'm currently just chugging along with my wamena. He's 13 and knock on wood, still going strong. His parents are on fnreptiles.com. They occasionally throw a yellow neonate, which is rare for wamena. My little jerk (he's grumpy) was a maroon baby.

I was devastated when I lost my DeMeyer Aru and the meraukes were just insult to injury. Supposedly there's some sort of funky URI/virus going around. Per a trusted source, a number of big names have gotten out of it due to said disease. It's shied me away from jumping back in again. Plus it's a PITA in find nice white dorsal striped meraukes or high-moderate white arus that are CB and aren't an arm, leg, and first born child.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:06 AM   #38
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
I did which is why I'm currently just chugging along with my wamena. He's 13 and knock on wood, still going strong. His parents are on fnreptiles.com. They occasionally throw a yellow neonate, which is rare for wamena. My little jerk (he's grumpy) was a maroon baby.

I was devastated when I lost my DeMeyer Aru and the meraukes were just insult to injury. Supposedly there's some sort of funky URI/virus going around. Per a trusted source, a number of big names have gotten out of it due to said disease. It's shied me away from jumping back in again. Plus it's a PITA in find nice white dorsal striped meraukes or high-moderate white arus that are CB and aren't an arm, leg, and first born child.
I understand that. I hope that I have many years with Wicked.

I wish I could have acquired one of Rico's chondros.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google