CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Teddy & Tink the tegus

Old 12-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #11
Joba
I almost impulse-bought a red at the Phoenix/Mesa show last month. Glad I didn't. I've wanted one for years, but the time is not right yet, unfortunately. I'll just have to enjoy yours

Old 12-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #12
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba View Post
I almost impulse-bought a red at the Phoenix/Mesa show last month. Glad I didn't. I've wanted one for years, but the time is not right yet, unfortunately. I'll just have to enjoy yours
Hopefully we have a lot more years to enjoy Tink and Teddy. They are getting up there in age.

As you alluded to, it's never good to buy on an impulse. Glad you are going to wait till your ready.
Tegus are a lot of work. Their intelligence can lead to hours of joy and also hours of mischief
As Pam and I have found out first hand even an accidental bite can be extremely painful and require stitches so you really have to consider the dangerous side of Tegu ownership. Teddy is a very gentle and affectionate reptile (Tink not so much haha) but even he accidentally bit down on my finger and crushed my fingernail to the point it looked like I was going to lose it. My fingernail survived for the most part and it was my fault. I was cleaning between his gum and lip when my finger slipped into his mouth and he instinctively bit down.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
Joba
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post
Hopefully we have a lot more years to enjoy Tink and Teddy. They are getting up there in age.

As you alluded to, it's never good to buy on an impulse. Glad you are going to wait till your ready.
Tegus are a lot of work. Their intelligence can lead to hours of joy and also hours of mischief
As Pam and I have found out first hand even an accidental bite can be extremely painful and require stitches so you really have to consider the dangerous side of Tegu ownership. Teddy is a very gentle and affectionate reptile (Tink not so much haha) but even he accidentally bit down on my finger and crushed my fingernail to the point it looked like I was going to lose it. My fingernail survived for the most part and it was my fault. I was cleaning between his gum and lip when my finger slipped into his mouth and he instinctively bit down.
Thanks for the reply. I recently took a great promotion at work. The downside is, of course, less free time and more commitment to the job. My wife likes tegus, as well, but was less than thrilled about being a partner in raising and taming, so I decided it would be a bad idea. Life is great, and I'm so happy with my many pets and great family; I'll not feel deprived if I only ever look at the tegus of others

Old 12-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #14
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba View Post
Thanks for the reply. I recently took a great promotion at work. The downside is, of course, less free time and more commitment to the job. My wife likes tegus, as well, but was less than thrilled about being a partner in raising and taming, so I decided it would be a bad idea. Life is great, and I'm so happy with my many pets and great family; I'll not feel deprived if I only ever look at the tegus of others

Congrats !!!

What an uplifting post Great family, great promotion and happy pets !
I'm happy for you !!

Old 12-13-2016, 08:59 PM   #15
Joba
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post

Congrats !!!

What an uplifting post Great family, great promotion and happy pets !
I'm happy for you !!
Thank you. Just trying to keep things in perspective

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google