CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

ringneck find

Old 07-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
benr7sj
ringneck find

So it looks like a northern ringneck to me but i havent really seen one in the wild before. Ive got it moved into a temp tub until i decide what i am going to do with it. Probably just release it back where i found it tomorrow. It doesnt seem very aggressive and so far loves burrowing into the aspen bedding, lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
Calift
Please please please release it! What a beautiful find though ... good job - but where I am from in Ontario Ringnecks are very rare. When you do find one, it's a nice surprise, but would be completely ruined should one be kept.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
benr7sj
I actually released it back already. It was lucky i found it. it was in the container in the first pic in my garage downstairs. it didnt look like it could get out so i put it in a clear plastic tub to snap some pics and i let it go after about 45 minutes. i like to think it was more of a rescue than just a find but who knows. plus ive never seen one around my home before so its a plus to have some pictures

Old 07-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
Pal-O-Mine
I'd LOVE to keep a ringneck! But I don't because I hear they don't do well in captivity. Its just not worth it.

Devon

Old 07-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
kgmax1228
Ringnecks

had 1 about 12 inches when i was 14.it ate robber frogs!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
ceduke
Cute!! I wish I could find one, I know they're around and I've looked....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google