CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Ridley, 2013 Black Milksnake progression thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #11
HVani
Of course I go to take Ridley's picture and he's in blue. Oh well.

He's almost totally black.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #12
albertagirl
So jealous! Very nice snake. Hope I can find one someday.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #13
HVani
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
So jealous! Very nice snake. Hope I can find one someday.
Some days I want to give him away lol. I have to approach him differently than all my other snakes. He stills seems convinced I want to eat him, he's not smart lol. He's getting better but can be frustrating at time. Lately he's been pretty calm but I'm not sure if he's finally growing out of his jumpiness or if it's just colder. We'll see how he is in the spring.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
Ravenessa
He is pretty though... I have to say he looks awesome in the blue... <3

Old 12-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #15
spyderk
I cannot wait until mine is all black! He is very dark but still has faint red bands. No yellow any more.

Mine is so calm! I hope yours chills out soon.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:29 AM   #16
TyeW
Wow I didn't realize the progression was that quick. So cool.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #17
LittleFrog
Gorgeous! I want one of these SO bad! Someday, someday ....

Old 12-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #18
HVani
Thanks Once he sheds I will get some new pictures. Once they start turning dark it goes pretty quick. He's over a year old and isn't far from being totally black. He still has red on his belly and a little bit of a yellow head stripe.

He's not that bad to deal with, just different from my other snakes. Getting him out of his tank then spending a few minutes calming him down are the hardest part. At least he's not a poop slinger anymore, though he did musk me about 6 months ago.

Once he's out and settled, he's must better to deal with. He seems to suddenly remember that no one is going to eat him and he calms down. Then he's actually quite enjoyable. Sometimes I just don't feel like getting him out because I don't want to deal with his tantrums.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #19
TyeW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVani View Post
Thanks Once he sheds I will get some new pictures. Once they start turning dark it goes pretty quick. He's over a year old and isn't far from being totally black. He still has red on his belly and a little bit of a yellow head stripe.

He's not that bad to deal with, just different from my other snakes. Getting him out of his tank then spending a few minutes calming him down are the hardest part. At least he's not a poop slinger anymore, though he did musk me about 6 months ago.

Once he's out and settled, he's must better to deal with. He seems to suddenly remember that no one is going to eat him and he calms down. Then he's actually quite enjoyable. Sometimes I just don't feel like getting him out because I don't want to deal with his tantrums.
Sounds like the same temperament as the hondos I used to keep... Boy were they flighty

Old 12-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #20
spyderk
It's weird because everyone else that I have talked to about black milksnakes say that they are so calm. Mine has never musked, never bit, never flung himself around.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google