CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Ruth the Beardie

Old 07-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #21
Eavlynn
"In print" was supposed to be "inspiring" haha.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #22
DollysMom
Thank you. I look forward to her progress. You are both special!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #23
Eavlynn
Ruth has had a lot more energy lately and is perking up. She's been using this newfound spunk to throw me a ton of attitude lately. She turns her nose up at her veggies, and I searched far and wide until I found organic collard greens, escarole, endive, and mustard greens. She wants none of it. Just crickets, crickets, and more crickets.

I took her outside for some healthy rays after her morning bath. After these photos were taken, she puffed up at me like she was trying to be a frilled dragon. So I took her inside and gave her more crickets. She was an angel after that. So these are the joys of motherhood, with a stubborn daughter...

A close up of Miss Attitude
She cracks me up

Old 07-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #24
Dragonling
Reptilinks just officially began making insect blend links. Might be worth trying to sneak some veggies into her diet.

http://www.reptilinks.com/ordering/i...ts-and-veggies

Old 07-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #25
Eavlynn
Wow, that's really interesting. I'll definitely give it a try. I'm not sure how I feel about giving her rabbit though. I've got some silk worms on order that should be arriving tomorrow. I was hoping to mix those woth her veggies to make them more tempting. If that doesn't work, I'll give the links a go.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:25 PM   #26
DollysMom
I've heard that you can gut load the crickets with veggies. I don't have a clue how to go about it though, not having any Beardies.

In any case, I love a lizard with attitude. Ruth, you go girl!

Old 07-19-2016, 01:46 PM   #27
Zombiegirl
Bless her little heart! You are so kind to take her in I had to re-home my beardie after I left a bad situation recently, but he ended up with a very good friend and her daughter is IN LOVE!!! They send me updates and pictures all the time and it makes me feel so good that he is in such good hands and loved so much. I've enjoyed reading about Ruth's progress, please keep us updated!

Old 07-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #28
Dragonling
I discovered that the larger crickets at work will absolutely devour collard greens and spinach. They didn't seem as fond of kale, though perhaps it's too thick. Definitely worth feeding any crickets you keep on hand leafy greens.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #29
Eavlynn
Dolly- I've been gutloading with calcium rich food and water gel. I think she knows the crickets are high in calcium, and that her body needs it. If the silkworms don't get her munching on greens I'll give those reptilinks that Dragonling posted a try. Ruth is such a trip. Every day is an adventure!

Zombiegirl- I'm glad your beardie found found a good home with your friend, and that her daughter loves him it's probably a huge weight off your shoulders to know how he's doing well and to be able to check in on him.

I'll definitely keep you all posted on her progress! She's been moving around more and seems to be getting more strength in her legs. More good news coming soon for sure!

Old 07-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #30
Eavlynn
Well, if she won't eat the collard greens, maybe the crickets will. She will definitely eat the crickets!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google