• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ruth the Beardie

Ruth gave me quite a scare. After a grand total of 24 slugs, she had a seizure the following day. I loaded her up with BSFL's (black soldier fly larvae) because of their high calcium content, and calcium dusted dubia. She seems to be doing much better and is putting on weight. Her appetite is back with a vengeance, which is great. After loading her up with 25 dubia, I took her outside for some natural sunshine and vitamin D. She is still bursting with attitude despite everything she's been through.

84c7380aeb1c9c51761ed5bbb2b40379.jpg

34908bcb6236260e31e292fbc856316d.jpg

5296e6b11b963fcbbe3ac428fd1270df.jpg

My little love bug :)
632449f1e950a16c5e9a555711a7005d.jpg

Good thing she's a toughie! That's how you get through the tough times. It's obvious she loves you. She watches every move you make with the camera, doesn't she? Such a good girl.

She watches me all the time. Especially when I have the camera. I swear she starts posing when she sees my phone. Such a silly goober.

Ruth seems to be gaining better control of her back legs. I took some photos of her propping herself up in her playpen. She didn't try to get out, just wanted to take a peek around.

8d99cce2f34966fdd460dfaeca54e200.jpg

Looking like a boss :) I swear on all that is holy that I didn't pose her like that.
59aefca4df90eac0e5f2fd844cfa3db1.jpg

b71f4621e65e1dd73e3b74f66465b5ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

She's an amazing little fighter! I love her attitude. Thanks for the update. Your pictures are wonderful. I think of her and I'm so glad that she's holding her own, especially with all the slug laying.

She really is amazing :) she's so full of life. I noticed some digging behavior yesterday, I'm afraid we may be on for round 3 of slugs, but crossing my fingers that I'm wrong. I can't wait to get this girl her surgery so that she can keep moving forward without these set backs.

She really is amazing :) she's so full of life. I noticed some digging behavior yesterday, I'm afraid we may be on for round 3 of slugs, but crossing my fingers that I'm wrong. I can't wait to get this girl her surgery so that she can keep moving forward without these set backs.

I hope if she does lay again it's not as many. In the meantime your good care is showing results! I'm so glad she landed with you.

I'm sneaking this text in while at school! I've been so busy... But Ruth is in my prayers. Keep up the positive vibes and go look at one of your early pictures of Ruth... She is a totally different beardie because of you.

I hope if she does lay again it's not as many. In the meantime your good care is showing results! I'm so glad she landed with you.
Me too! It's odd though. She doesn't appear to be carrying eggs, and I felt no lumps in her abdomen. Fingers crossed that's is a behavioral fluke!

She's so pretty.
Thank you Nancy :) I think she knows it too.

I'm sneaking this text in while at school! I've been so busy... But Ruth is in my prayers. Keep up the positive vibes and go look at one of your early pictures of Ruth... She is a totally different beardie because of you.
Thank you DLena! She has definitely made, and continues to make, a lot of progress. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on her upcoming vet appt and future operation!

Back