• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hognose arrived!

Gotta say, loved the stare down haha. His tongue came out and just stayed out trying to get a taste of me. Dunno if he can thru glass.

A few out and about pics from tonight. He doesn't care much for my good camera yet....

Attachments

• apollo1.jpg
    apollo1.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 35
  • apollo2.jpg
    apollo2.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 36
What a little stinker! Peaking out from his tunnel. He's such an adorable little guy!

He really is and I soooo want to gush over him but I'm still the big scary giant haha. Oh well hopefully he won't want to hide from me forever.

Update on Apollo. Doing great aside from not eating regularly :headbang: haha But he he's been active, a lot, and hanging out more in the open.
Anyway came home to find him like this.

Attachments

• apolloRest2.jpg
    apolloRest2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 21
Mine was a butthead and refused food for months...I finally figured out what worked as far as *how* to feed him and now he's living up to their reputation as being little pigs lol. Apollo is gorgeous!

hahah yeah that's what I'm working on right now. Finding out how he likes to be fed. I think I figure it out and then he's like NOPE. But I'm not worried. I can wait him out and try different things. Plus he's a year old.... so you know.

And thank you :) I just love his orange and cream colors, with the purple on his belly.. Swear he looked redder, brighter today for some reason.

Thanks Dolly and glad he made you smile. He's a kick. There's been a few days where he had a hissy fit at me, thru the glass *rolls eyes*, which'll make handling fun when the time comes haha. No cobra impression yet. I kind of want to see that, but also don't want to stress him to see that.

I tried everything with mine...finally figured out that placing a HOT pinky in his deli cup, placing said deli cup (with lid on) inside his viv underneath his cool hide (I use small plastic bowls) for 24 hours worked like a charm...got him to the point that he will eat regularly now and rarely do I have to wait. Sometimes it's maybe a 1-2 hour wait if he's being a butthead.

Mine is also a hissy little brat but I just pick him up and he chills out...he's only played dead once and it was adorable lol.

Hmmmm interesting idea. The times he did eat for me, I snuck it in there and he just ate. The first time, within minutes of me placing it in there. I think part of it might be due to him being of the age of looking for a mate. So that's all he's focused on. Makes sense considering his behavour. Is what it is. Next snake, likely a house snake, will be a good feeder haha.

Back