CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

New proof of aliens?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
boricua00735
New proof of aliens?

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...H53X1xt7Pq3Tmr

Old 06-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Chip
In before Rich!

Old 06-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
In before Rich!
By 12 minutes even!

Old 06-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Senusenu
I believe in aliens. I find it absolutely inconceivable that there is no other intelligent life, or any life at all, outside of our solar system. Plants, bugs, bacteria, it is highly egocentric of humans to discount other forms of life as yet undiscovered. I fully believe that as we build bigger and better telescopes (James Webb will be deployed in about 5 more years and it is much more powerful than Hubble), we will find signs of *something* else out there.

I do have much trouble believing that aliens are among us, or that they look just like us (with maybe forehead warts and green blood), however. As much as I want to believe, I haven't seen the evidence yet.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
rich333
Meh!

Nothing said...that i didn't already know/think.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusenu View Post
As much as I want to believe, I haven't seen the evidence yet.
And there lies the problem.

Would we know it? if we saw it? The evidence i'm meaning.

We as Humans, ASSUME..that if there is life out there somewhere...that it will in some way resemble us, or at least be recognizable.

According to most science minded people, Everything on this planet..came from outer space.... Therefore, Everything you see..is in fact.."Alien".

Old 06-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
boricua00735
^^^^exactly

Old 06-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
boricua00735
I just like the fact that at least it was the government at least admitting they DO exist even though ours wont! Most of us are not naive. But there are MANY MANY people who will disagree whether because of religion, the belief we are the only "intelligent" life, lack of proof, whatever it may be. For all i know we could be the aliens we seem to be less technologically advanced and probably a much newer civilization.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Senusenu
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
And there lies the problem.

Would we know it? if we saw it? The evidence i'm meaning.

We as Humans, ASSUME..that if there is life out there somewhere...that it will in some way resemble us, or at least be recognizable.

According to most science minded people, Everything on this planet..came from outer space.... Therefore, Everything you see..is in fact.."Alien".
It's entirely possible there's life out there based on silicon instead of carbon, and metabolises chemicals that would be toxic to us and might appear nonliving. Crystal based life forms, perhaps. But something that truly came from another planet resembling something here so exactly that no one knows about it, that's much harder to believe. I'm talking complex life, not bacteria and virii.

I know about the panspermia theory, it's quite interesting. Some think bacteria came from Mars, or that an asteroid from outside the solar system crashed and kickstarted abiogenisis. Until we find confirmed bacteria fossils on Mars, we won't know for sure.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusenu View Post
It's entirely possible there's life out there based on silicon instead of carbon, and metabolises chemicals that would be toxic to us and might appear nonliving. Crystal based life forms, perhaps. But something that truly came from another planet resembling something here so exactly that no one knows about it, that's much harder to believe. I'm talking complex life, not bacteria and virii.

I know about the panspermia theory, it's quite interesting. Some think bacteria came from Mars, or that an asteroid from outside the solar system crashed and kickstarted abiogenisis. Until we find confirmed bacteria fossils on Mars, we won't know for sure.
How Long do you think we had the F-117 Stealth Fighter..... Before you were

TOLD of it's existence??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google