CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

***NEW***OHIO***Reptile-SHOW***

Old 12-23-2008, 12:40 PM   #21
witicer43701
Kool. Not that far from me. Will be there.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #22
dwyn127
Didn't get to go yesterday, any opinions? reviews?

When's the next one?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #23
ForkedTung
It went pretty good considering it was a first show, probably a little better than I expected. Small number of vendors and turnout, I'd say about 15-20 vendors, not sure about people. I met some great local breeders and made connections. Hallie, a member here was there and ended up being my unofficial assistant. After talking to some of the other vendors it seems that the snakes sold better. One guy, a Chameleon breeder said: "Ohio is a snake city" I asked him what he meant and he said that snakes do really well here and that he ships most of his stuff South or West. I sold about half of the 08's that I brought and the Pink and Green virgin adult female I had was gone immediately to a guy from New York. I think we picked up quite a few peeps from PA as well. Almost all of the vendors (except one) had nice looking, healthy and well cared for animals.
Akron Reptiles ( show sponsor) is trying to get the hall ( perfect location by the way, a former bowling alley) owners to give them a list of dates. Jeff Jarvis said they're thinking about every other month? at times between the other Ohio shows, so as to not step on toes. I think the earliest would be in March of 09'. I'll try to keep this thread updated as I hear info.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #24
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
It went pretty good considering it was a first show, probably a little better than I expected. Small number of vendors and turnout, I'd say about 15-20 vendors, not sure about people. I met some great local breeders and made connections. Hallie, a member here was there and ended up being my unofficial assistant. After talking to some of the other vendors it seems that the snakes sold better. One guy, a Chameleon breeder said: "Ohio is a snake city" I asked him what he meant and he said that snakes do really well here and that he ships most of his stuff South or West. I sold about half of the 08's that I brought and the Pink and Green virgin adult female I had was gone immediately to a guy from New York. I think we picked up quite a few peeps from PA as well. Almost all of the vendors (except one) had nice looking, healthy and well cared for animals.
Akron Reptiles ( show sponsor) is trying to get the hall ( perfect location by the way, a former bowling alley) owners to give them a list of dates. Jeff Jarvis said they're thinking about every other month? at times between the other Ohio shows, so as to not step on toes. I think the earliest would be in March of 09'. I'll try to keep this thread updated as I hear info.
Thanx, I appreciate the info. Glad you had such a good show!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #25
ghosthousecorns
I'm glad you had a good time, and it is always nice to come back with fewer hatchlings. Herp shows are great for making local connections and seeing fellow forum members. I think the cities in Oregon are leopard gecko and not snake LOL.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #26
Hallie
It was definitely a lot of fun. This was actually my first show, and I managed to control myself (only came home with 2 new family members, a gorgeous california king and a really cute milk frog). I had a ton of fun helping Kyle (and his son) and meeting other people in the herp world (there are very few near me).

Quote:
Almost all of the vendors (except one) had nice looking, healthy and well cared for animals.
Agreed, although Kyle, I'll have to say that your corns were most definitely the nicest of any there! Luckily the vendor with the sickly looking animals didn't seem to sell too much, it appeared as though most of the stuff that he had when I got there was still there when I left.

Quote:
I think the earliest would be in March of 09'.
I'm definitely looking forward to more shows there, seems to be a nice location, and hopefully will just continue to grow. I know that I will be making a return trip (hopefully with some snakes of my own to sell next time).

Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #27
holly tayls
Ditto on the great show. and Great location. For those of us SOUTH of cleveland this is a much more accessible location. Where was the guy with the sickly animals located?
We did not get there until about 1430 and came home with a beautiful Dum (we did not plan on getting anything but she was too stunning to pass up)

Lost the info from the guy that we got her from - he was right next to the JMG guys and across from the vendor that had the frogs and chameleons

Any HELP?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #28
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly tayls View Post
Ditto on the great show. and Great location. For those of us SOUTH of cleveland this is a much more accessible location. Where was the guy with the sickly animals located?
We did not get there until about 1430 and came home with a beautiful Dum (we did not plan on getting anything but she was too stunning to pass up)

Lost the info from the guy that we got her from - he was right next to the JMG guys and across from the vendor that had the frogs and chameleons

Any HELP?
The vendor that had a sickly animals was right across from the guy that I got my frog from (he didn't have any chameleons though, but he did have a big beautiful frog hanging out above his available animals). Hoping its not the same guy that I'm thinking of, for your sake. Nice looking snake though, I saw her on another thread.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:24 AM   #29
SHAUGHN33
I just hope i can get in and out of the upcoming pittsburgh show with my self control still intact. I would ask Hallie to help with that, but she has never been good for my self control. Maybe thumb screws?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:31 AM   #30
holly tayls
Thanks I checked with Akron Reptiles and got a reply from Michelle that the guy that I got her from was actually WITH the JMG guys - she advsied that JMG had all 5 tables on that row so Im thinking that Im good. They are great guys that are very particular about their animals and hope would not associate with someone whos animals would give them bad rep

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google