CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Ringed Python?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
Michael823
Ringed Python?

I just came across these pythons while searching online, and they are spectacular. I'm not sure why I've never heard of, or seen them before, but I'm very curious about them.
Does anyone here know anything about them, or have any basic information? It's hard to find any really good information, but having seen pictures, my curiosity is now peeked. I'm simply curious, no real interest in getting one, and from the looks nowhere near the funds, but I would still like to hear any input or experiences some of you may have.

Thanks for any advice!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Cornsnake124
nope, never heard of them. But, you might want to ask someone with a lil more experience with pythons. The only experience with them I have is helping my Bro-in law clean cages and hold snakes for pics. He told me the types a lot, but those were mostly morph bp's and carpet pythons.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Iguanagirl8662
I do not know much about them but I saw them online awhile ago and I must agree they are awesome looking and I plan to get one when I learn more about them.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
Michael823
Well I've found a little more information, and there's a great video of one on reptile channel. They are so gorgeous in my opinion, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about them.
One site said to keep them on aspen, and just provide a moist hide to promote shedding, so that sounds feasible. I will do more research before even thinking about getting one, and due to a lack of funds will have to wait quite a while anyways, but I'm really captivated by them. By the sounds of it they are fairly hardy, eat well once started, grow to a manageable size, not super expensive, and are totally amazing looking.
If there is anyone here with experience, 1st or 2nd hand, I would still love to hear it.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Carinata
They are great. I am actually working on getting one. They turn into a very dull snake as they grow. BHB works with them.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
They are great. I am actually working on getting one. They turn into a very dull snake as they grow. BHB works with them.
Nice! They are definitely spectacular as babies, but the adults are quite attractive as well. I love how solid the black is and how orange they can be as babies, but the golden brown color of the adults is amazing too.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #7
Carinata
Yes but they are very expensive

Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
RobbiesCornField
Just so you know, adults do get pretty thick. I'll put it this way, they're not something I would want to work with alone.

Oh and David, what snake DOESN'T BHB work with? (Besides those odditites like Tentacled snakes, Elephant trunks, and various sea snakes?)

Old 06-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #9
Carinata
Yea BHB is pretty cool! Robbies is right they do get thick. i may get one when I get out of collage and settle down I guess. I may add some corns rats and kings to my collection but nothing big right now.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #10
RobbiesCornField
That's the joys of getting to go to the Daytona Expo. You get to see all kinds of fun stuff like that as adults so you know what to expect from a baby!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google