CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

An Offer You Can't Refuse...

Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Drdan
An Offer You Can't Refuse...

I'm unable at this time to take delivery on a male albino bullseye Nelson's milksnake. It is about 24" long, super healthy, and has never had a problem with eating FT pinkies. It has the most perfect true bullseye pattern that I've ever seen, and ALL of them are perfect.

I do not want the animal kept in a sweater box, as this is a perfect pet species. The first person who enters a post convincing me they will give him a great home gets the snake. The animal AND the shipping is already paid for, hence the proverbial "offer you can't refuse"!

Thanks!

Dan

P.S. I'll wait a few days until I decide. Photos of the setup you have for him or good descriptions of how you'll set him up will definitely help your chance!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
El Jefe
Ummm...it says you are in Italy....so is this open to Italians only?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Nanci
I know! I remember when you ordered that snake. I was jealous...

Old 09-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Drdan
The snake is in the U.S. (Florida), and it will be sent from Florida to the winner. The sender is experienced with reptile shipping...

Nanci... The only other ones that I've seen that are NEAR to mine as far as perfect bullseyes are those produced by Shannon Brown. If you kept him as a pet, you'd surely be welcome for the contest!

Dan

Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Michael823
Well, I don't have a complete setup at the moment, but could arrange it in a matter of a couple of days. I have an unoccupied 20L tank at the moment, so I would only need to get another 20gal under tank heater to keep him nice and warm, which I could pick up anytime. I also already have extra hides (nice ones too), and dishes as well (also nice). I could certainly take a picture of the cage and hides, dishes, etc... just to offer you some comfort in trusting that it would be the setup I'm speaking of. I could even show you a similar setup of another snake, and that would show you the type of habitat he would call home. I would have to wait on purchasing extra equipment, though, until I actually knew I would be getting the snake. But you would have my word that he would get the best care, and all of the proper equipment and treatment.
All of my snakes are first and foremost pets, so he would be no exception. He would be treated with lots of love, and proper care. I also make sure to handle my snakes, so he would be worked with, and should become a tame member of the family in no time. I think he is really gorgeous too, so finding a mate in the future would definitely be a strong possibility .
There's a Reptile show on Oct.3rd, and due to a recent circumstance, I was going to have to really limit my agenda, as far as getting a certain snake. So he would be perfect, as I have some money set aside for the show, and I could use that to put towards a good home for him instead.

I understand there will likely be a few other considerations, maybe many judging by how gorgeous he is. So I will not be surprised if others can also provide a great home. But if you decide that I am a good fit, than you can trust that I will properly care for him and provide him with the loving, caring home, that all of my other pets get.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #6
Michael823
By the way, I also have a great supply of frozen mice. And seeing only a couple of my snakes eat pinkies and fuzzies, I have lots of extra food for him. I also have many extra mice of most other sizes too, so he will get fed like a king on top of everything else I posted. He would actually help me to cut down on my extra pinkies and fuzzies !

Old 09-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
Zulu3
Woo I want the snake but Michael did such a lovely description of everything, I think he deserves it.

If he should decide not to get it then I shall step in :P

Old 09-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #8
Maize411
I also have a free 20G long tank that I could use to house him. I also have 2 available hides, an under tank heater, with a free thermostat to use. Also I have a nice water bowl that would go great with him . All my snakes are currently on paper towel for substrate but I also do use aspen. Which I would probably use with him so that he could feel secure and comfortable. I also have some fake plants that I could use to decorate his tank to help increase his comfort and decrease his stress. I currently have 6 snakes and feel very confident that I would be able to give this snake the proper care and loving home he deserves. I am openly ready and willing to send pics of what his setup would look like as well as progress pics if I were to get him. Oh, and I have plenty of pinkies and fuzzies in the freezer for him to eat . I have had very good luck with getting even the pickiest eaters to eat, So I am confident that his feedings were to go well in the case that he were to become picky.

I have also done research on these particular snakes and am ready to take the responsibility of one into my care. I sincerely hope you will consider me in choosing the owner for this snake. I can definitely assure you. He will be loved

Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #9
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu3 View Post
Woo I want the snake but Michael did such a lovely description of everything, I think he deserves it.

If he should decide not to get it then I shall step in :P
Well thank you very much Zulu ! But by all means step in and make a case for yourself. I'm sure the snake would be equally loved and cared for in your care too.
I'm not trying to sound like a car salesman, make a competition out of this, or step on anyone's toes. I am simply providing details into what the snakes care would be like under my possession, and am by no means trying to out do anyone.
I'm sure many of you would do an equally great job caring for the snake as I would, and it's just great that he will go to a good home either way. I find him beautiful, and could provide more than adequate care and attention. But I'm certainly not alone, and wouldn't be surprised to see him end up elsewhere.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #10
My Reptile Habit
Bullseye

Where should I begin... I have 11 years experience with reptiles. I currently have many spiecies of lizards from Sailfin Dragons, Frilled & Bearded Dragons, Crested and Leopard Geckos, to a Blue Tongued Skink. As for snakes I have Kings, Balls, and currently just aquired my first Corns. I would be thrilled to add my first Milksnake to the collection. Animals are my husband and I enjoyment in life. We own our own home and I have a part time job just to make sure everyone gets what they need. I have a wide variety of Vets at my disposal for any unfortunate occurences with our animals. I myself have veterinary experience, having the privledge of working for a well knowledged individual who was excellent at teaching his staff everyithing he could about animal care. My husband and I devote ourselves to our animals and there care. Our schedules are set up so that it is very rare for anyone not to be home and we have rescued and rehabilitated many animals, wild and domestic alike. We have plenty of space, time and love to share with them all. I am hoping to begin next year to start taking many of my reptiles to local schools and have even been asked to share at birthday parties and give lectures at pet shops to help teach others about reptiles. My dream is to actually start a Mid Missouri Herptilogical Society. Wish me luck there! I currently have available many twenty gallon tanks, but even better I have an empty forty gallon breeder tank that I am sure he would love to call home. I can provide many hides, any water bowl his heart desires, fake foilage of all kinds, and a few undertank heaters to chose from as well as uvb lighting. Food wise, I breed a wide variety of rodents and insects to feed all of my reptiles, I like to know exaclty whats going into my animals. Plus the variety helps with those picky eaters. I hope to soon be setting up an indoor organic garden for my veggie eating reptiles, scince winter will be here soon where I live. For cleaning my cages I only use Listerine, (yes it really works and is much safer than bleach), a hand held steam cleaner, and also a hand held UVC light. I try to use the safest yet most efecctive ways to clean my animals environment. I hope to add him to my zoo as my husband and I call it, espeacially to be able to have another species to teach others about, no less a beautiful one! I would consider it a speacial honor to be chosen to give him a stable loving home, and to be spoiled rotten! Well I geuss thats all I can say! Thanks for your time and wish everyone all the luck! Happy herping!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google