• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph help? dream clutch.. I KICKED murphys butt HARD

I must have been getting too excited from seeing Nigel's clutch and got my male and female mixed up!

Have you got any definate homozygous hypos in this clutch yet?
i cant say 100% at the moment, but the dad is proven het hypo and mum is hypo.. so there will be plenty

Nige take a pic of the father, I want to ID it I know the male you are talking about had no caramel gene in him. I doo see a butter in the clutch. You might have mixed up males. I al;so sent you a amber male from the mystery project. Is there any chance you might have put him in with the female or one of the other males I sent you just for a short while. The big breeder male I sent you was 100 % not het for caramel . It was a HLB X a stripe het snow blood. the mother stripe is my stock the father is the first HLB I ever produced Whem I crossed the HLB to my amber thats where the breeder mystery animals come from No ambers in that clutch, just hypos and normals

Janie The male I sent you is a pure Okeetee X Pure old school blood. It is a father daughter cross possibile het for blood . the blood female I sent you is if I remember right is a het hypo, PH for Anery, stripe, amel, lav,

god i', confusse ready that vinny lol.
the male is the bloodred het hypo lav amel and stripe, all of these have since been proven with me (not that i needed to of course).
I have some more interesting pics loadin now.
i suspect the butter looking ones are probably hypo opals.
i have the most amazing plasmas, quite male heavy. which for once is fie with me, as i am quite short of these quality of animals.

couple of pics with the eggs 1st
3746460401_ebec54de62_b.jpg

3747253604_77b257cb24_b.jpg

these do look very different on here now.. they are very obvious plasmas in the flesh
3747257756_7ed7f7f698_b.jpg

3747261672_1726b37448_b.jpg

3746476429_403ca59277_b.jpg

Nigel those look like ambers , If they were more peachy the I would say hypo lavender. You must have put the female in another males cage for a short time, because if thoses are ambers and he dont carry that gene

here is a pick of a hypo lavender baby from the mystery project it also might be amber too

Attachments

• 2006_02260003.JPG
    2006_02260003.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 63
  • 2006_02260005.JPG
    2006_02260005.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 64
one thing there then would be that every snake would be a hypo.
i did put the small male in with her for a short time, i often observed and saw nothing.
i then put the male blood in, he mated instantly, literally he was inside within seconds, the pics are on this site. the timing of the eggs goes well with this, i know they can retain sperm etc, BUT if it was the amber male, then EVERY single snake would be homo caramel and hypo, this clearly not the case..
maybe a thought?? i know its possible that both of these males could be the fathers at tha same time... extreme, but possible.
i thnk after a few sheds we will see, but its clear for now that the amber is not possibly the father of the whole clutch.

I think the proff is in the clutch what was the other male and what genes was he carring. the fact that all your caramels are ambers would tell me a strong likelyhood the other male was a hypo het caramel or a amber. I have to honest not to sound like a KIAF but they look like ambers not hypo lavenders. if they are that amber color and not peachy you look like you got hypo lavs. So what was the other male and what was he het and PH for????

ok, these are the two males, to the best of my knowledge (maybe vinny can expand if poss?).
likely father:- bloodred 100% het hypo, amel, lavender ad stripe
2nd male:- amber poss het amel, bloodred lavender and charcoal, although he clearly shows bloodred markings so doubt he is poss het.

female:- amber (before breedings) poss het amel, lavender charcoal and bloodred

ok, these are the two males, to the best of my knowledge (maybe vinny can expand if poss?).
likely father:- bloodred 100% het hypo, amel, lavender ad stripe
2nd male:- amber poss het amel, bloodred lavender and charcoal, although he clearly shows bloodred markings so doubt he is poss het.

female:- amber (before breedings) poss het amel, lavender charcoal and bloodred

well that just confirms what I said .

I think the proff is in the clutch what was the other male and what genes was he carring. the fact that all your caramels are ambers would tell me a strong likelyhood the other male was a hypo het caramel or a amber. I have to honest not to sound like a KIAF but they look like ambers not hypo lavenders. if they are that amber color and not peachy you look like you got hypo lavs. So what was the other male and what was he het and PH for????

You had the amber male from the mystery project in with his sister both ambers so you know who fathered the ambers but you wont know who fathered the rest of the clutch till future breedings because your not sure what genes the mystery amber male is carring. If any of the young are bred to stripes and produce stripes then the big bloodred male fathered those animals.

I have seen this a lot in 2nd clutches where people breed the female to a different male and get babies from both males because the female retained sperm from the male of the first clutch

if that is the case, it really wasnt ment to be.
so, the opal (butter looking ones), are likely to be caramel opals. no idea on the plasma looking ones then

amel ambers, and ambers. The white one look like snow or snow blood you could got thay from either male. If the amber is trhe father then it would be a amber snow or amber snow/blood.
I dont see any type of lavenders in the clutch. I would think that the amber male either fathered most of the clutch. The hypo and normal is from the big blood all the snows are most likely from the big blood but can also be from the amber but I highly doubt it. Best advice is to keep as many back as you can and do some crossing to find out what they carry and you will have fun and lots of pics to keep back for yourself in futher gens. Trust me thats when the fun stuff starts happing. I have Plenty of guess a het animals. It has always paied off in the offspring. nice clutch !!!!!!!

hmm tough call, you may have a few good points there. someone in the uk (well and on here) did point out the lack of lavender.
what a nightmare tho lol.. this is gonna be hard work

nah its fine mate... i may never know exactly what most of these are, but seriously, there cant be many people that can say that about almost an entire clutch lol.
it'll be fun having a good go with them, there certainly are some amazing bits in there.
i'll probably choose on of the males again next year and just hope she hasnt retained the sperm from the other.
probably go with the amber, at least that way every snake will be amber based.
maybe give the blood boy a little rest, although saying that he has a couple of his daughters waiting next year... 3 actually lol, 2 amazing hypo bloods with all the poss hets and then a blood with all the poss hets including hypo. the basic plan there is to get some blood stripes. at least if i get anything extra in most cases i will know what it is lol

I would keep the non ambers if they are females they are from the big blood at least the normal and hypo are. You know the big blood dont have the caramel gene so the AQmber babies are 100% from the amber. Remember the young are F3 brother/sister cross. This happened to me this year, I put a striped fire female in with my male Okeetee X Bell/Leach Blood red a few times. I did not se any action. so I put my fire het stripe in there with her . well he went down to town right away. I had lost 1/2 the clutch in incubation, when the eggs hatched I got 3 normal colored bloodreds, 3 normals and 1 fire I guess the old man got the job done after all

i have just one today, an 11gram amber male..
vinny, you mentioned the white one being a snow amber.. what homo genes were you refering to to make this snake?

Back