CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

The two newest Boxies.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
Tavia
The two newest Boxies.

Finally got some pictures of the two newest Boxies the other day, it rained on and off all day. Think it made for good worm hunting! They seemed happy about it anyway.

I still haven't named them yet. The one with the scale rot damaged shell is a female and the other one is supposed to be a female too. Plastron looks girl but the eyes look male, so not sure. Probably chose something neutral just in case. All of my boxies were gotten from a rescue, so they all have colorful stories. The supposed female was completely painted in all different colors when received at the rescue. They were able to get most of it off but that white paint is being stubborn. Noticed a little more has come off though since she's been with me. The one with scale rot was actually initially picked up by me and spent a few days with us while the transport chain to the rescue was figured out. She was caught roaming around by animal control in a town 40 minutes away from me, with really long nails and beak and all that scale damage. Best guess was she'd been living wild for quite awhile. The rescue (which just closed :-( was 4 hours away in the other direction. They got her and were able to work with her for a few months. Had planned to add a few more boxies but had to get them a little sooner than planned when the rescue closed.