• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daytona 2009

Hey Robbie,
any luck yet on a new place for the "Cornsnake Feast"???

Walter,
:crazy02: BOUT' CORNS !!

So far, Olive Garden and Ruby Tuesdays are the only ones I've seen that are big enough. I'm still waiting to speak with managers about possibly setting up a room/side section for us. If anyone has any restaurant suggestions that everyone might like, throw 'em out there so I can be a better scouter! :D

652-car-pool.jpg

do what now?

:roflmao: That's just great

My grapes can chill for this, if everyone wants to get his attention. Fore-warned is fore-armed.

You know I was just kidding, right? :D
A full mod-inbox is a very unhappy mod-inbox. Imagine trying to sort through all of that if EVERYONE reported one post! Ouch! That'd be way too time-consuming for the other mods that we love and respect (and fear)

..."but I dont think I could manage the whole flying/getting around thing by myself...."

If a bunch of us end up at the same hotel, you can probably just get yourself to the hotel and then catch rides to and from the show. I doubt that the hotel has airport service, but it would be perfect if they did, lol!

If we don't get together on the one discussed so far, several of us have stayed at the Super 8 in the past, so you would have company there.

I already emailed Chuck and Connie (Pritzel) - they usually go to the Super 8, too. But he said he would hold off getting a room to see if we all do something together.

Kathy - I have been speaking with the manager at the Homewood. She has been fantastic to say the least. Usually when doing something like this - there is a minimum number of rooms to be met - but they are not doing this for us. If we get 10 rooms (the original number she has put aside for us), great! If not, no penalty or anything for having less. On August 1st - any rooms not claimed will just go back in their system at regular rates. And if we need more than 10 - she can block more for us.
So if you and Bill and Connie and Chuck would like rooms there I can book them for you or forward you guys contact information to book yourselves.
I am still waiting to hear back about potential meeting room space/cost if any to use as a potential get together location.

Great!

I didn't catch that part about not needing a specific number of rooms. It is approx. the same price we have been paying for the Super 8, I think. Sounds like it might be a nicer hotel, but further away. So the clincher would be if lots of CS people stay there, and also if we have the dinner right there at the hotel.

I will talk to Bill and see what he thinks about the location.

Please, everyone, keep us updated of who decides to stay there, as that will help others decide if they want to do it too.

I wont know what our plans are till closer to Aug. :( But, I am hoping I can work it out. As Sept 5th is my Bday! :) Woo and maybe I can Plot for a new snake for my Bday! LOL!

Well there's me, Katie and Joe.... come on guys!

I think Izzy and Hallie may be considering rooms there as well. And probably Vinny too. And I know Nanci was thinking about it to save some money as long as she could carpool over to the show with someone. If we had enough people stay there I think carpooling wouldn't be hard at all. Hopefully I will have my truck back which can easily hold an additional three people at least on top of me and Joe.

Matt and I would love to come to Daytona and meet everybody,but, I'm afraid since he started this new job he won't have any vacation time available by then. I'll have to through his manual and check it out.

Timewise, I probably won't get a chance to ditch the rental car until Sunday after the show. It all depends on if the rental agency has a return anywhere near where we are staying.
So I may have 4 seater to carpool in and if not I'd definitately pitch in for parking if anyone else drove me.

I think Izzy and Hallie may be considering rooms there as well. And probably Vinny too. And I know Nanci was thinking about it to save some money as long as she could carpool over to the show with someone. If we had enough people stay there I think carpooling wouldn't be hard at all. Hopefully I will have my truck back which can easily hold an additional three people at least on top of me and Joe.

I am considering rooms - boyfriend OK'd at least one room for us, now we just need to see how many of his family are coming... then I can let you know how many we need!

I would be willing to carpool too - once again though trying to figure out how many will be coming down (although the family won't be going to the reptile show and since its my car they will need to figure something out for themselves! I may be able to fit a person or two into my vehicle... just gotta wait a while to see what the final count is...

Timewise, I probably won't get a chance to ditch the rental car until Sunday after the show. It all depends on if the rental agency has a return anywhere near where we are staying.
So I may have 4 seater to carpool in and if not I'd definitately pitch in for parking if anyone else drove me.

Carol - the hotel is very close to the airport. I am sure they will have a rental car location there you could drop it off at anytime.

And for anyone who sees airport and thinks noisy hotel...it isn't. In fact, even when we stayed at the Residence Inn which was a few blocks closer to the airport - we never heard any planes. Daytona is not a very large or busy airport.

I am considering rooms - boyfriend OK'd at least one room for us, now we just need to see how many of his family are coming... then I can let you know how many we need!

I would be willing to carpool too - once again though trying to figure out how many will be coming down (although the family won't be going to the reptile show and since its my car they will need to figure something out for themselves! I may be able to fit a person or two into my vehicle... just gotta wait a while to see what the final count is...

No problem - we have time.
If his family is coming down with you...if they wanted - the Ocean Center is literally across the street from the beach. You could always drop them off there!

No problem - we have time.
If his family is coming down with you...if they wanted - the Ocean Center is literally across the street from the beach. You could always drop them off there!

Thanks! I was thinking of trying to see what would be around for them while I am gone if they decide to come... although I'm sure they will just want to go to the beach :)

Carol - the hotel is very close to the airport.

If you don't have a car you can always take the bus, last year I did...:headbang: Give yourself an extra hour and a half, the sightseeing along the way is definitely worth it, especially the stop at the county jail.

Oh yeah, bring a gun....

If we decide to stay there, we will have an empty minivan. It will only have one extra seat in it (or maybe no extra seats - depends on how much stuff we bring), but LOTS of floor space! But of course, we will be coming and going at somewhat different times than others because we are vending there.

If we can't figure out exactly how many are coming, what about the idea of ordering big tins of food from a grocery store deli, or a restaurant that sells that way, and bringing them to the meeting room to serve ourselves? Of course, we would have to bring paper plates, utensils, etc, and clean up ourselves. But it would be cheaper, and we could just have the approx. number of people, and make sure we charge enough to cover it. No tips and service charges, haha! We could buy picnic type food that is not too difficult to deal with.

Don't know if this would work or not - just throwing it out there for more ideas.

If we decide to stay there, we will have an empty minivan. It will only have one extra seat in it (or maybe no extra seats - depends on how much stuff we bring), but LOTS of floor space! But of course, we will be coming and going at somewhat different times than others because we are vending there.

If we can't figure out exactly how many are coming, what about the idea of ordering big tins of food from a grocery store deli, or a restaurant that sells that way, and bringing them to the meeting room to serve ourselves? Of course, we would have to bring paper plates, utensils, etc, and clean up ourselves. But it would be cheaper, and we could just have the approx. number of people, and make sure we charge enough to cover it. No tips and service charges, haha! We could buy picnic type food that is not too difficult to deal with.

Don't know if this would work or not - just throwing it out there for more ideas.

I actually think that could be a great idea. I know we could order like party trays and stuff from Publix in advance. Would be cheap enough to get our own paper plates and utensils and such.

Yes, I had in mind those big party trays. Plus we could get wings, maybe hamburgers or sub sandwiches, or whatever. An indoor picnic / beach party would be the idea.

Yes, I had in mind those big party trays. Plus we could get wings, maybe hamburgers or sub sandwiches, or whatever. An indoor picnic / beach party would be the idea.

I am liking this idea more and more....now to just find out from the hotel what we would need to do to get a meeting room!

Maybe this could be the beginning of something that would eventually evolve into an annual cornsnake contest / awards / meeting that could be loosely tied to the ACR, CS, and any other group or forum with a lot of participation.

Not trying to rush us all into anything prematurely, just thinking about the possibilities. I would like to see our hobby a little more mainstream, like other cat and dog breeds, etc. The ACR is the first step, in my opinion. Someday, a meeting with talks, awards, or contests, etc, could go hand in hand with that goal.

Back