CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

MOUSE QUESTION

Old 07-02-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
Sean22
MOUSE QUESTION

how long for a pregnant mouse to have babies
is it ok to breed mouse right after it has its babies?
or wait till the babies are weened?

Old 07-02-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
Krenna
It takes 18 to 21 days for a mouse to have babies.

Old 07-02-2004, 08:55 PM   #3
Sean22
thank you again

Old 07-02-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
Krenna
soo glad I could help ya

Old 07-03-2004, 11:00 PM   #5
newt
This new set up for this site is a little complacated. The question to breed mice after a litter, no do not breed right after the mouse had a litter wait at least 2 weeks. Or as long as it takes you to get ride of the mice.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
Taceas
Eh, I leave mine in after they've given birth. *shrug* I'm interested in numbers mostly. No mice ever go to waste at my house, and usually I'm running a "just in time" policy it seems.

If you're breeding for pet mice maybe, but for feeders I don't think it really matters. As long as they have a really good diet, I don't see the issue in waiting.

That and if you leave the male out for too long, you may have issues re-introducing him to an adult female.

Not to seem to rude, but most of the questions you're curious about have been discussed at length previously on the forum. All you have to do is use Search and enter the keywords you're interested in.

And PS, the whole caps lock dealie is a little much. We see your posts just fine without you "shouting" for attention.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:41 AM   #7
Sean22
k thank you
dont find your post rude at all

ps all my mice are feeders only no pets

Old 07-04-2004, 07:46 AM   #8
CornCrazy
I agree with Taceas. I leave my mice together after the babies are born. Mine are all feeders, as well. I have had several males killed by the females when the male was taken out and then reintroduced to the females. It works well for me to leave them together.

Old 07-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #9
Sean22
WAIT A SEC
i have a cage with 1 male/3 female
you said to leave the babies in with them?
would the male or one of the other females eat the babies?

Old 07-04-2004, 08:14 AM   #10
CornCrazy
Mine don't usually. As a matter of fact, it seems as if all of the mothers pitch in to help raise the babies.

On occasion, a mother mouse will eat her babies, but it doesn't happen very often. I think I have only had a couple of mothers that did, and they were fed off. I don't tolerate that behavior. Any mouse that is caught cannibalizing, becomes snake food.

There is one exception to this. Sometimes first time mothers will cannibalize their young. I will not feed off a first time mother for doing this. If she does it after her second litter, that's another story...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google