• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Available snakes

Ok, the update:
The rent to own house is no longer available. I did meet with my mortgage broker, & have some good news & have to wait to see if I can get a loan. My credit scores & debt to income ratio are good enough to get a house in the range I want, the thing I am waiting on is to see if a lender will approve me, after having to do a short sale on the house my ex & I owned.
I have a house in mind, that I have seen the oustide & pics of the inside. It's a cute little 3br 1.5 ba house built in 1939. It has hardwood floors (yay! I hate carpet), granite counter tops, & a huge shop out back.
It's also 1.5 miles/5 minutes from where I work.

I should find out Tuesday, if I can get financed. The biggest hurdle is the short sale that was 8 months ago. If I can get a lender to approve me, I should be good to go. :)
(Fingers & toes crossed!)

The snakes that are on hold will go to the people who want them, & there are a few left that are looking for homes, but since I (hopefully) will be moving eventually, I am hanging onto a few of the ones that I previously had listed as available.

That's fantastic Heather!! The house sounds really nice. Lots of space for snakes. ;) You might also look into Owner Financing... I know in this area there's a lot of houses like that. :shrugs: I hope this house works out for you though, sounds like it would be great! *hugs* Good luck!

Thanks Em! I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, I don't know if I can get a loan yet. My credit was better, until the short sale. Even with the short sale, as of today, my scores are still high enough to qualify. Let's just hope I can find a lender to approve me.
One of the things I like about this house I like is that not only does it have a huge shop, but there's a separate basement room, that can only be accessed from outside, that is insulated & has electrical, that could make a great feeder colony room. :)

That's great news! I really hope your approved for the loan and find a house that you love! I would tell your landlord that he can thank his wife for you move.

I would tell your landlord that he can thank his wife for you move.

For sure!

Though, do be careful. The last time I moved I told my landlord ahead of time and he decided to start pulling some dirty tricks... like having the electricity shut off before I was scheduled to move. :mad:

That's great news! I really hope your approved for the loan and find a house that you love! I would tell your landlord that he can thank his wife for you move.

LOL-I won't be telling him anything, just yet, but I will certainly tell him when I give notice, that it is thanks to their attitude, when I have been an excellent renter, is what caused me to move.

I should also tell him that his wife won't have to be afraid of my snakes anymore. ;)

For sure!

Though, do be careful. The last time I moved I told my landlord ahead of time and he decided to start pulling some dirty tricks... like having the electricity shut off before I was scheduled to move. :mad:

Yeah, I won't be giving any hints that I'm leaving until it's a done deal.

Oh, Heather, I'm sure hoping you can get approved for a loan! That would be fantastic! AND, you can write off any interest payments on the mortgage (most of which come in the first 10 years). That can make a HUGE difference at tax time.

Good luck! Here's hoping for good news :).

Thanks! I have to wait til Tuesday, with Monday being a holiday, & I found out the house I was interested in has a pending sale, but it ended up being in an area that doesn't qualify for the type of loan I am going for.
I will be talking to my real estate agent tomorrow about a few houses I would like to see, & then hopefully Tuesday will bring good news about lending. :)

lol I'm just the opposite, I love carpet. As long as it is clean and plushy. I like it in the living room and bedrooms. In other rooms I like hardwood or stone tile.

LOL-I guess I'm not opposed to carpet in some rooms, but I really like hardwood floors, tile & even pergo.

Oh wow, Heather, I had no idea that this was what was behind your sell-off!

If it's hard for you to keep the little blood boy until I get back, I can give my housesitting friend instructions to try to feed him while I'm gone, and you could bring him either to the meeting tomorrow (if you're still going), or the show March 5/6. I am so sorry you have to go through this. That's why I am keeping my landlords OUT of my bedroom until I can GTFO and One Glorious Day have my own place. I am SO SORRY that bull ophidiophobia is causing you trouble right now. If you need someone to hide away any of your slithery pets before or after my trip to England, I am more than happy to help.

Thanks Viv :)
I want to move him as little as possible, since he's had feeding issues. He'll be ok with me until you are ready for him. :)
It's great to know I have so many people offering to help out, & it is very much appreciated!

I'm going to look at a couple houses today, & trying not to get too excited, until I know for sure that I can get a loan. I would think that there would be lenders that would understand that the only reason I had to shortsale the previous house was because it was bought with a 2 person income, & after the divorce, there was no way I could afford it on my own.

It's a gorgeous day in the PNW, great day to look at houses!

I will be at the meeting tonight Viv :) I'm looking forward to meeting you in person!

I found a house that I want! It's an old (1910) house that has been updated.
It is on just over 1/4 acre, & it's listed as a 2br/2b, but there is a huge loft upstairs, that I would use as a bedroom. It does not have a closet (why it's not "legally" a bedroom). There is a bathroom in the loft.
It is so cute!! There are only a couple modifications I would need to do (has an old sliding glass door off the kitchen), & an ugly boarded up enclosure he as built on the back deck for his tools, I would open it up & maybe expand the deck.
It is move in ready though. It has newer paint, newer roof, decent appliances, & newer carpet.
If I can get a bank to approve despite the shortsale, I stand a really good chance of getting this house! If they accept my offer, I will be paying a couple hundred less than what I am paying for rent now.
There are no other offers (most likely because it's listed as a 2 bedroom house), & it has been on the market for over 9 months, & the offer I will be presenting, is over their listed price.

Please send good thoughts & prayers that this works out!! :)
If it does work out, it will be 2 months before I could move, so I will be talking to the landlord about a month to month (which is what I told him I wanted when I moved in almost a year ago-I said I would sign a 1yr lease & then month to month).
I have one month until the lease is up, so hopefully I will only be paying him one month before I move (fingers & toes crossed!)

I am so excited!! :)

Oooh!!! That sounds really nice, Heather!! I really hope it works out. My thoughts and prayers are with you!! :D *hugs*

My Aunt and Uncle just found a nice house down in Louisiana for a lot cheaper than what it is worth, and it has everything they could dream of... They are in negotiations for it right now, and hopefully will move in soon.

I hope you get the house you are looking at too! It seems to be the season...lol

Fingers crossed for you that the bank decides the short sale was no big deal - better than a foreclosure at least! . It is definitely a buyer's market right now too!

Back