CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Old 01-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #61
Karl_Mcknight
Growing like a weed, he will be ready for 2 pinkies soon. Very funny about the mouse, but at least now you know, he's not about to share with anyone.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #62
Tavia
Told you he'd probably get less shy about eating! LOL!

Old 01-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #63
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
Growing like a weed, he will be ready for 2 pinkies soon. Very funny about the mouse, but at least now you know, he's not about to share with anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Told you he'd probably get less shy about eating! LOL!
It was so funny. Yes, that was HIS mouse. He was so serious about it, too. I didn't even know he was in that hide, lol. I found out, really fast!

Old 01-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #64
Tavia
Yeah, one of his brother's was just as shy as him to start with, wouldn't eat with anyone watching. Would take hours to eat, then the time it would take him to grab it went faster and faster every meal, to where he'd peek out and start for the pinkie as soon as I'd put the lid back on his cage. Finally, one of the last times I fed him before he went to a new home, I opened up his cage and was lowering the pinkie towards his hide, when he came flying out and struck it off the tongs, bout gave me a heart attack! He got very, very serious about eating after that and I got used to him going after the mouse.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #65
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Yeah, one of his brother's was just as shy as him to start with, wouldn't eat with anyone watching. Would take hours to eat, then the time it would take him to grab it went faster and faster every meal, to where he'd peek out and start for the pinkie as soon as I'd put the lid back on his cage. Finally, one of the last times I fed him before he went to a new home, I opened up his cage and was lowering the pinkie towards his hide, when he came flying out and struck it off the tongs, bout gave me a heart attack! He got very, very serious about eating after that and I got used to him going after the mouse.
Great story!

I do wish you could have seen Clyde though. It was too funny. It was so helpful of you to clue me in at the start to his preferences and patterns. Worked a charm. He loves his pinkies now, that for sure.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #66
DollysMom
My little model

The camera loves Clyde...

... and Clyde loves the camera!

Old 01-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #67
nicolefowler2005
Lol don't you love it when they do that!! He is one handsome devil!!

Nicole

Old 01-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #68
Karl_Mcknight
he's got some good climbing skills too

Old 01-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #69
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
Lol don't you love it when they do that!! He is one handsome devil!!

Nicole
Thank you. Yes I do love it. The curiosity and trust is very endearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
he's got some good climbing skills too
Yes, as he scales his towering 6 inch tall bush, lol. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #70
DollysMom
Update with video!

It has been a while since I've had a Clyde update. He gained 4 grams this past month and was 18 grams at his last weigh in on February 7. He's eating well and strikes at the pinky, taking it from the tongs.

Because I had been sick for the better part of two weeks and hadn't handled him much for a while, last time I tried to he was a little skittish. Not so today. He was active and crawled over my hands. He really seemed to enjoy being out.

As usual, he stretched up to and crawled right across my phone as I tried to take pictures. I only got one good one today. Because the house is a little dry in 17F weather we have right now, I didn't want to keep him out too long. I have a cool mist vaporizer going and am able to keep the viv at 50% humidity with a damp towel over 3/4 of the top. He also has a humid hide.

Here's a short video clip. Sorry it came out vertical even though I was holding the phone horizontally. I was corralling Clyde to keep him from falling off the bed with my one hand and trying to hold the phone with the other. It still gives you an idea of how my sweet baby snakey moves.

http://youtu.be/_BaXuQWSsoA

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google