CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New Member From UK

Old 04-30-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
mrjohnparish
New Member From UK

Hi all thought I would introduce myself. I rescued my corn snake last month. Shes 4 years old and roughly 4 and a half ft long, I've sincerely called her Poppy.

She came in a viverium that was to small for her (she reached down the back, side and half way along the front), the viverium had the glass doors removed and replaced with wood, a ceramic heat bulb attached to a broken thermostat, kept in hay and kept in a dark shed.

As soon as I had her I brought her aspen bedding and a thermometer, from which I found out she was being cooked (unsure how long the thermostat was broken) so was another quick trip for a new one. I got her a few cardboard tunnels that I chopped in half for some small boxes and made a hide from a quality street tub. Also same day I changed the wooden doors to perspex.

A few days after I replaced the ceramic heat bulb with a heat mat and attached a normal bulb on a dimmer switch attached to a timer.

Now she has completely settled in and got used to me this weekend I set about the task of building a new home for her and got her new decorations as she now has the space. I want to get a nice background soon, get a bigger water dish, add some artificial plants and get her a better main hide (or make one)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Old 04-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
mrjohnparish
Found a picture of the viverium she came with.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
Patmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjohnparish View Post
Hi all thought I would introduce myself. I rescued my corn snake last month. Shes 4 years old and roughly 4 and a half ft long, I've sincerely called her Poppy.

She came in a viverium that was to small for her (she reached down the back, side and half way along the front), the viverium had the glass doors removed and replaced with wood, a ceramic heat bulb attached to a broken thermostat, kept in hay and kept in a dark shed.

As soon as I had her I brought her aspen bedding and a thermometer, from which I found out she was being cooked (unsure how long the thermostat was broken) so was another quick trip for a new one. I got her a few cardboard tunnels that I chopped in half for some small boxes and made a hide from a quality street tub. Also same day I changed the wooden doors to perspex.

A few days after I replaced the ceramic heat bulb with a heat mat and attached a normal bulb on a dimmer switch attached to a timer.

Now she has completely settled in and got used to me this weekend I set about the task of building a new home for her and got her new decorations as she now has the space. I want to get a nice background soon, get a bigger water dish, add some artificial plants and get her a better main hide (or make one)

Hi welcome from Shropshire is your new snake a amel ?
she looks like my George
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 05-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
mrjohnparish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
Hi welcome from Shropshire is your new snake a amel ?
she looks like my George
Pat

Im not to sure

Old 05-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #5
Patmart
Hi someone on this site will know would you like me to send you a picture of George??
Pat

Old 05-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
Patmart
PS shall I send you a picture of his viv I only want to help
Pat

Old 05-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #7
mrjohnparish
Yes go ahead.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:38 AM   #8
Reptile Lover 23
You have done a very nice job with that viv, looks very neat, I Belive your cornsnake is an Amelanistic, looks like a chunky monkey lol

Old 05-02-2018, 05:41 AM   #9
Patmart
Thanks reptile lover
Are they like a Amal
Cos she looks like my George
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #10
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
Thanks reptile lover
Are they like a Amal
Cos she looks like my George
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey patmart,

Amel is Amelanistic for short example Anery = Anerythristic so yes you would be correct, altho there are meny other pigments that can distinguish a certain morph, im no expert but i belive this to be correct.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google