CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Colorado snakes needed for special Colorado farms

Old 07-26-2015, 01:25 AM   #1
Kuzco
Colorado snakes needed for special Colorado farms

So I own a security company that is often hired by cannabis grow farms to supply them with the required cameras and security. The most common unfulfilled need I hear of is the need for snakes to keep rodents off their very expensive fields.

I've gone out for 2 days looking for any snakes and have only seen 3. Does anyone know a good hunting spot around Colorado Springs or Pueblo areas to hunt or where I might be able to point the owners towards to protect their crop?

Old 08-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #2
Bullelk
My suggestion is Craigslist. Lots of people rehome. Acquire some of those. Maybe make sure they feed live so they know what to do with the prey.

Also corn snakes are cheap, and your business is making money... Seems like a no brainier to just buy some yearling/adult corns and let them loose in the place you need them.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullelk View Post
My suggestion is Craigslist. Lots of people rehome. Acquire some of those. Maybe make sure they feed live so they know what to do with the prey.

Also corn snakes are cheap, and your business is making money... Seems like a no brainier to just buy some yearling/adult corns and let them loose in the place you need them.
I would feel uncomfortable releasing any non-native species.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
Bullelk
Isn't he implying that it's indoor? Outdoor you would have it take care of itself. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Most large scale grow operations are indoor.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
Bullelk
I just saw the grow op as a huge viv

Old 08-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
Oh, it didn't occur to me that it could be indoors. I don't really know anything about that.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #7
Bullelk
And I didn't think of it being outdoor. You could just as well be correct. Hahah.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google