CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > CS.com Guide to Corn Snake Cultivars & Cultigens
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

CS.com Guide to Corn Snake Cultivars & Cultigens A collective field guide to the cultivars and cultigens (morphs) of corn snakes.

Striped Corn Snake

Old 05-08-2018, 02:05 AM   #1
Rich Z
Striped Corn Snake

From my 2005 SerpenCo.com website.

Quote:
Striped Corn Snake

This is a normal colored corn with a bold striped pattern. Colors can vary as much in this cultivar as they can in any other normal colored corn, but generally they tend to lean more towards the Okeetee look rather then the Miami look. That is because the original stock did come from Okeetee lineage, so I guess that should be expected. But with the amount of outcrossing projects ongoing, don't take that for granted if you have something particular in mind.

These have actually been around for quite a long time. The story, as I understand it, is that someone in Europe first produced these from Okeetee animals that were obtained from Ernie Wagner. I believe that Ernie got the stock back and was the original source of them within the USA. Initially this line was plaqued with "survivability" problems, and consequently got a bad reputation early on. But from all appearances, such problems have long been worked out of this stock, and this line appears every bit as healthy as any of the other lines of corn snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
striped corn snake