CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

morph help please

Old 03-11-2019, 02:52 AM   #31
GMR_TFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Ghost is hypo + anery so 'hypo ghost' doesn't work. Motley can have a hypo-like effect so it's hard to say but most likely the lightest is a ghost motley and of the other 3, two are anery motleys and the the lightest of those 3 is on the border of being a dark ghost or a light anery.
For me, I should say the two darker ones are definitely Anery Motley and the two lighter ones are Ghost Motley however, I do agree with her the darker of the two is borderline so it is possible that it could be a light Anery or a darker Ghost Motley but if I had to choose one I would say based on what you have there it's more likely a Ghost Motley.

As for the snow, I'm second guessing myself where it did appear in the original pics that it had some extra pink, based on the others in the clutch I think it's just a regular Snow Motley since you didn't get any other extra pink hatchlings I highly doubt that you'd get just one RF and the rest regular so my consensus on that one is it's just a more pink looking Snow Motley and they do very quite a bit so it doesn't surprise me one bit. Nice clutch though. Loving that Snow Motley for sure.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #32
Raven
Thank! The pink on the one snow with the stripe is higher than my normal snows but no where near my salmon (or coral? I forget which is he is) snow. He is somwhere between that and the salmony-orange of my other hypo snow. I'll see as he sheds out.
I'm still wondering about the filled in areas on some of their heads. I know that bloodred, diffused and masque have that. Since they are all motley-stripe, clear belly pattern or split checkers would not be a way to tell here. Is that head pattern a hypo trait as well?

Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #33
Raven
Dad is finally out of shed. I took a few quick pictures of him.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #34
Shiari
Dad is low contrast enough, with what little yellow he has being pastel rather than mustard, that I could see him possibly being a carbon motley (anery charcoal motley) but you'd have to test breed him to be sure. If you can find yourself a charcoal female you could have some real fun breeding babies from both females together later down the line.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #35
Raven
Awesome! Thank you. I will do that. So is it possible that some of their babies, the ones with little to no yellow are also charcoal and not anery a or carbon? I'm guessing I have more projects than I intended

Old 03-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #36
Raven
Sorry. Reread my post. It doesn't read how it sounded in my mind. I meant that the babies are possibly charcoal or carbon if the is little to no yellow and the yellow is pale as opposed to being anery a alone.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #37
GMR_TFH
No the head pattern you're seeing is likely from Masque. They are probably het Masque due to only one parent being a Granite. I would say that I agree with the possibility of the ones without or low yellow being carbons but of course you may not know until breeding. If you plan to hold any back that would be at least one of the ones I'd hold back to test for charcoal. The best way to do that would be to pair it with something that is only charcoal because if you pair it to any of the other siblings in the clutch you'd wind up with the same issue as to if they're carbons or not.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:13 PM   #38
Raven
I was told dad was het bloodred. So het masque makes sense. And I would not test breed the siblings for more reasons than questioning/determining traits.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #39
Shiari
I don't think any of the babies look like carbons. Just the one adult.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #40
Raven
Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google