• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Double clutch when I didn't want it as its her first breeding season

J.Catherine

The story continues on from this thread, where my female layed unexpectedly.

It was her first ever clutch and I actually got 15 fertile eggs and no slugs. Then she ate like a horse for 3-4 weeks then all of a sudden stopped. Didn't reintroduce her to male, but she was slithering all over the place like she was looking for something so I put in a laying box and low and behold, 6 fertile eggs (candled them to check) and 2 slugs.

She's looking really skinny now and a bit dehydrated? Like her skin feels sort of saggy kind of thing. Wondering if there's any way I can get her to eat sooner or drink, before she sheds again.

But yay! eggs.

You can offer a meal today or tomorrow, I usually offer one size down for their normal prey size. Some will eat, others won't. If she doesn't I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Does she have a water bowl big enough for her to soak in?

If you have NutriBAC, you can add a small water bowl (in addition to the main one) and put a little NutriBAC in it. It is a good probiotic, and can be an appetite stimulant as well.

You can keep a laybox in her enclosure with damp moss, it can help her with her post lay shed.

Offered her a brained large pinkie (as I didn't have anything except that and XL mice, and reptile shops are rare and hella expensive in my area) and she showed no interest. I'm not totally surprised, she's a sticky feeder at the best of times.

Her bowl isn't big enough for her to soak in but I'll add one in the now -- doubt she'll go for it though, she hasn't moved from her spot behind a log, except when I plopped her down beside her water bowl so she'd drink.

But when I have, on the few occasions, picked her up, she's seemed fine. I'm just holding my breath now waiting to see when she'll shed.

She didn't with her first clutch -- tried to persuade her with a brained pinkie but no she just stayed uneating until her shed was over. But at that point she ate like a beast.

Back