• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Winter herping blahs

Twolunger

Well, even here in southern Florida the temps have dropped down, so the snakes are hibernating. I didn't see anything until yesterday when I found a sub-adult Florida Kingsnake basking on my street. Although their normal color isn't much to excite anyone, they do have a following, especially to those who value locality specific snakes. I was just happy to see any wild snake.

I would love to find snakes in my area, any time of the year. LOL
I do occasionally see Garter Snakes, but not the Puget Sound Garter, unfortunately.

I've seen many garter snakes here. I found one adult that had a light reddish brown color with yellow stripes. I held it for a while, thinking it may be something special, but eventually turned it loose in the brush. I found one hognose in my back yard, and moved it to the brush next door, before my dogs located it. Every day is an adventure here.

I've seen a number of Garters here, but not these, yet.

Attachments

• pick1sm.jpg
    pick1sm.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 20
  • tumblr_ltl0l54Qqq1qh1q7vo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ltl0l54Qqq1qh1q7vo1_500.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 20
Back