• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Whats the funniest thing your corn snake has ever done?

This was funny to me since I'm a newbie, but I'm sure you have all had this happen quite often.
My new baby cornsnake, Toby, who we have had for about 5 weeks now, is almost 2 months old, and rarely stops moving when my husband and I hold him. When he does, it is only for a few seconds, and always when I am holding him. Well last time we were working with him, he stopped moving in my husbands hands, and he started saying "oh, look!! He is getting comfortable with me, he relaxed!! Isn't that cute!! Isn't he sweet, he is so.....HE POOPED ON ME!!!!!!!!" I laughed myself silly!!! I know they do it, but it was our first time being pooped on.

Serpwidgets said:
One time a few years ago I tried to breed Seven to Floyd. He got on top of her and started the old mating dance, and in typical fashion she bucked really hard. So hard, in fact, that he was knocked completely off of her and his head landed on his own back near his vent.

He picked up right where he left off: dancing his chin/neck on his own back. He was caught in a feedback loop and was getting unbelievably excited at all the stimulation coming from all directions. He was twitching like crazy, every time he would start "catching up" with himself (getting his chin farther up his back) he'd also start "getting away" and bolt ahead, which of course was fruitless.

Twitch twitch! Slide sliiiide, caress caress! Twitch twi-BOLT! GO GO GO stop! Twitch twitch! Ooh, she's excited now I can tell! Sliiiiide twitch sliiiiide, twitch twitch, BOLT! GO GO GO Stop! Twitch twitch! Oh yeah, baby! :roflmao:

It took a few minutes for him to figure out what was going on. I think if I had laughed any harder I would have had a seizure. :crazy02:
I gotta second the :roflmao: . That's hilarious.

You might not think this is funny, but it was to me. Sometimes female Corn can get very aggressive when it comes to feeding when they are gravid. I typically pull down a couple of tubs at a time and set them on a small table in front of me. I am sitting on a bucket with a lid and straddling the two cages. The mice are on one side and a tub and water jug on the other.

I usually use fresh killed mice at this time of year, and 18 inch tongs. I pre-killed my mouse, and held it by the rear half of its body and was ready. I opened the lid and the female struck but missed the mouse and landed half way out of the cage. I thought no problem, I just moved the dangling mouse over near the females head, but she struck while it was still moving and missed again, and nailed the side of my calve. She instantly curled around her nice sized catch and I now had a Corn Snake calve bracelet.

Getting bit is never fun, but it has happened enough to me, that I can ignore it and it really doesn’t bother me too much. I only wish I had my camera in that room. It was sitting on my desk in the another room. I waited and waited for her to let go, but she was really squeezing tight and bound and determined to kill this gianormous mouse she had caught. I ended up having to squeeze her beside her jaws pretty hard to get her off. I dropped her in her cage and dangled the mouse in front of her and pow, she nailed it like nothing had happened.

It always makes me laugh when I get a feisty hatchling. My new ghost stripes are pretty amusing. I was changing the water bowl and one of them started following my hand around the tank and striking at me repeatedly. Vicious little one:)
Not so funny and more painful, my female hypo Medusa decided to try and hide in my hair and I was wearing a barrette. Somehow she got all tangled up and was pulling my hair so hard. I was afraid I would hurt her if I undid the hair clip so I had to wait. She finally got out of my hair (literally lol) but I lost some hair because of the tangle she created. Oh well- I did name her Medusa so maybe she wanted to live up to the name?

I have 2 funny stories... The first one happened when I fed Juliet, (my .1 snow) a pink.. It was left over from my others and I just figured, give it to her... so neway, i put it in her tank and she went searching for it, after a little bit, she found it, then she looked at it... then she looked at me... then she looked at it again.... and looked at me again.... this happened for about 30 seconds, it was like she was asking me "ummm..Mom, ummm... you're kidding me right? This is IT?? There's more RIGHT???" I was hysterical!! She finally ate it and looked up at me when she was done, like "more please..." SO Fuunnnnnyyy!!

The second thing is, I like to give my adult snakes some free time in the bathtub, well, they love to climb all over the place, like the rim of the tub...well, they are sooo slippery from being wet that they slide right off the lip!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Mine haven't really done anything "funny", although the hatchlings are similiar to Joe's story.

I've had several hatchlings do the good ol' "try to eat your finger" routine. The best one was one of my keepers from last year. I had been getting her out of the tub after she hatched, she was fine... calm... then it was like something clicked in her brain and she said " A HA, LOOK FOOD"..... grabbed ahold of my index finger and started working her way down. ( my index finger would be wider than a wee pink mouse). So I opened my hand up and she immediately constricted my finger, as she was attempting to eat it. She would get to the first joint, back up a few bites and try again. Whole thing went on for about 15mins, before she said screw it and finally released my finger :rolleyes:

It was funny to watch. The ferocious ( sp ) wee baby corn, thin as a pencil, trying to engulf my finger. :grin01:

I was feeding my amel stripe last week a pinkie. She grabbed it and constricted it. I accidentally dropped a second pinkie right next to him...so she grabbed the second one with her mouth while still having the first being constricted....before she grabbed the second one...she kept looking at the one she constricted and the second one for a few seconds. I thought it was funny. She was like, "hmmmm....which one should I eat first?"

My other amel, "Gryffindor", likes to look at my crested gecko which is next to it's tank. My crested gecko appears to be just as amused looking at the snake. They'll stare at each other for minutes. My crested, "Freddie" will strike at anything that moves, but she kept following "Gryffindor" wherever he will go.

This thread should come with a warning, "Tissue required to wipe eyes from laughing so hard!"

Awesome stories, guys! Keep'em coming! =D

I don't have many funny stories, but I have a funny photo from yesterday. I went to feed my '05 lav female, and she was crawling around her tub with a big water droplet balanced on her head. The droplet would slide around depending on her head orientation, but she was crawling around for at least 3-4 minutes before it slid off. I had time to snap a photo. :grin01:

Attachments

• 081606 lil drop.JPG
    081606 lil drop.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 312
FUnny

Well Solstice always plays peek aboo with people cming in and out of the room which is kinda cute, But Today I got branch for her to climb on after finding out they like to climb. Sitting by Tv latter I look over wondering if she will like the branch for climbing, guess so cause she used to climb up to the lip of the tanking and was happilly stecthed out between that and the cage top she couldnt reach before. You could almost see the sens of accomplishment on her little face that is until she took a head and tumble into her little snake bath ooops.

This maybe not quite so funny for you lot who have kept snakes for years but I found it quite scary at first, then funny.

Milenko's eyes had been cloudy for a few days and went clear so I knew he was gonna shed soon, but I got him out for a little while just before I went to bed like usual. He was quite happy, climbing from hand to hand, then I laid down and let him go on my stomach when he starts exploring and trying to escape off the bed when suddenly, he looked up and moved at the speed of lighting (well, not quite but bloody fast) towards my hand. I didn't move cause I didn't want to lose him on the floor and he was pushing his nose as hard as his little body could against the palm of my hand and was shaking.
I thought something was wrong so I picked him up and sat up but he kept doing it over and over, as if trying to push THROUGH my hand.
The I realised what was happening, he was using my hand to loosen the skin round his jaws, lol. I thought he was trying to bite me but his mouth was shut, lol.

After realising he was about to shed I put him back in the viv and he was rubbing his nose on everything. I wanted to stay up and watch him shed, but I was about to go to bed after a 12 hour day at work and couldn't stay up any longer but woke up to his/my first shed.

Maybe not as much funny as it is cute (well, I thought so anyway).

----------

He also keeps falling off things like other people have said.
Because I have Milenko in and old fish tank it has the 2 glass lips for the condensation tray to sit on, well, I have a branch that goes up to one side of both of them, but nothing on the other side. When he gets down, he can't quite reach all the way to the bottom of the tank (tank is 1 1/2 foot high, he is about 14 inches) so he comes off until he is hang on by the tip of his tail and then *THUD!!*

lol

Isn't it amazing how they all have their own little quirks? hehehe

I have a few amuzing stories....

My cat Duchess is OBSESSED with Cornflake (my okeetee male), she spends literally hours staring into his cage! The funny thing is that she usually focuses on an area opposite to where Cornflake is snoozing! lol

I recently moved out and took Cornflake with me and Duchess screeched into my room, leapt onto my chair only to find that the snake cage was gone!!! She looked at me as if to say "Hey! Where's the TV?!?" :crazy02:

Cornflake is obsessed with my hair and my glasses! His favourite thing to do it is to slither up my neck and try and curl up on the top of my head! He usually slithers along the top of my glasses too..lol And he seems to delight in sticking his nose in my ear and tickling it with his tongue! :grin01:

I haven't had Battle long enough for anything really funny to happen, although he does make a b-line for my sleeves if I am wearing a long sleeved top! lol And He loves climbing the walls of the cage and stringing himself from airvent to airvent! :grin01:

Great thread and very funny pics!

My adolescent kitten Ginger zipped into the play room (snake room with computer) when I went in. She jumped up on top of a sweater box tub. The snake inside noticed, and began lunging up towards the kitten trying to bite her in the butt. Over and over he flung himdself up trying to bite her. It was hilarious. I wish I would have had a camera. I got her down of course, so the poor snakey wouldn't hurt himself.

I dunno if this really qualifies but I've had my corn for about 8 days now and after she ate her first pinky I was really excited! Two or three days later I figured I'd start looking for poop but i didn't find much so far. Last night she had her second meal with me so I'm kinda thinking gee... were's the poop? After checking her viv tonight I found something on her ledge... Hmmm... is that what i've been looking for the last few days or possibly a regurg...?? I swiped it up with a Kleenex and brought it up to my nose and took a really deep breath..... and you what it was definately poop!!!! I had a caughing attack and almost regurged myself :puke01:

Now that stuff STINKS....

Dukester said:
.... and you what it was definately poop!!!! I had a caughing attack and almost regurged myself :puke01:

Now that stuff STINKS....
Hopefully, your snake will never regurge - but if it does, poop will smell like a meadow of lilacs by comparison.

You've been warned. :crazy02:

regards,
jazz

Back