CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Controversial Qestion

Old 01-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
rolandslf
Controversial Qestion

Not to start a war on opinions, I just want yo know. Do the babies in the pics look like Jungle Corn Hatchlings. Someone advertised them, but I think they are pure corns.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Old 01-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #2
Zincubus
Interesting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #3
Rich Z
Personally, I don't see anything in those pics that were alert me to any sort of hybridization taking place to produce them. But then again, I never knowingly worked with hybrid corns.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:05 PM   #4
Twolunger
Typically, a jungle corn is a 50/50 product of a California king mated to a corn snake. However, that doesn't mean the seller isn't just acknowledging the fact that those young snakes are hybrids. They could have more than 50% corn lineage, and they do look like corns. The one curious thing is the dark spot just behind the eyes of each snake. I have seen that on several kingsnakes, and kingsnake pictures.

I'm more than content raising what I'll call pure corns, but if I found out one of my snakes had suspect lineage I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
rolandslf
Thank You to everyone that answered, I find the spot behind the eyes to be interesting. I never knew that about King Snake hatchlings. Thanks.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Old 01-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
The one curious thing is the dark spot just behind the eyes of each snake. I have seen that on several kingsnakes, and kingsnake pictures.
What "dark spot" are you referring to?

Old 01-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
What "dark spot" are you referring to?

Presumably the central , dark scale just behind the eyes ( top oh head )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-06-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
Twolunger
That's it, the dark scale spot. It's usually more pronounced in a king snake.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #9
Rich Z
Heck, never paid any attention to that when I was hatching out the little buggers. I actually went through some of my old pics (from back in 2006) and had to search through quite a few pics to find any babies having something similar. So it doesn't seem common, at least in the babies I hatched out back then. But it is an interesting observation concerning "Jungle Corns" if it proved out.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #10
Dragonling
I notice it a lot in my Sunkissed hets. Not sure it really indicates much, let alone hybrid ancestry.

Hypo Lavender het Mot x Sunkissed het Hypo Mot:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google