CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Can corns eat hamsters?

Old 02-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #61
starsevol
Well at least you know why it got mean. I probably would have sat the kids down for a "talk".

Old 02-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #62
Almase
LOL Now you see diamond everything you just said there would get you in trouble in the hamster forums. They would be all over you "Kids like that shouldnt have pets....You cant feed sweet stuff to hamsters!.....How dare you want to feed it to a snake!" lol Those were the kind of people in the hamsters thing. Everything you say is cruel. My little hammies are really nice though. They dont bite, but they will start sniffing sometimes and nibble, but they cant break the skin. People were REALLY serious about hamsters. They were the kind of people who didnt want anyone to breed hamsters unless they were professional breeders. I understand how snake people would be opposed to people breeding snakes because its not as simple as just dropping the opposite sex in like it is with rodents. People flip out! "You cant breed a hamster, theres alot of work in it" lol no theres not, you got amale and a female, they do it and make babies, take away the male. Simple as that. I've bred em and mice before but people make it sound like rocket science to breed a rodent. Snakes I couldnt do though. I've seen settups of how people do lizards and half burying the eggs, and all the lights ect ect. That takes work.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #63
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol
Well at least you know why it got mean. I probably would have sat the kids down for a "talk".
Erm, more like ranted at the little 'darlings' about how habsters don't like to be pestered, as they should have known from the hamster care book I got for them along with the rodent I never wanted in the first place!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #64
starsevol
Almase, people who spend time in pet forums do it because they are passionate about that kind of pet. There are hamster people just as anything else. They love hamsters more than other animals, for whatever reasons. I love ALL animals, but my 3 main passions in life are corn snakes, rats (yes I'm wierd) and politics.

Kids make mistakes. I would have sat the kids down and told them WHY they shouldnt try to wake up the hamster with a pencil. Let the kids see it through the pets eyes. Let the kids see their mistake.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #65
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
Erm, more like ranted at the little 'darlings' about how habsters don't like to be pestered, as they should have known from the hamster care book I got for them along with the rodent I never wanted in the first place!

Orrrrrr, I would do THAT!!!!
LOL

Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #66
tyflier
Can we all hold hands and sing "Kum-Baya" now?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #67
Almase
lol, yeah I know what you mean Stars, and I understand how some of them are opposed to "backyard breeding" because of certain reasons. But my point was that they get really anal about it. Whats your political affiliation if you dont mind my asking?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #68
starsevol
We all tend to get anal about things we are passionate about

I am a fellow rightie.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #69
Almase
Good. Atleast if there is a political discussion I might have somone to support me maybe. lol The hammy forum I was all by myself but that was no problem at all. I tend to be far more right than most conservative. You ever heard of Michael Savage?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #70
starsevol
Hasn't everyone ? LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google