CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Can corns eat hamsters?

Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #81
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almase
Well, I guess I'll call petshop tomorrow and ask for the manager because I deal with her when I get the dog nails clipped. I'll ask her. If she confirms they will not buy them then i will try one more petshop. Because I only live near two. If they dont take them then I think I'll ask a couple friends on myspace. If they dont want them, then its off to the freezer they go.
If they are a pair why not breed them and get the pinkies from them? Make them work for a living in your house. Why are these such a disposable pet for you?? I am sorry if you got easily bored with these guys, what is going to stop the boredom with your snake?

Old 02-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #82
Almase
lol...Well, I dont think they opposite sexes. I've had them for along time. To be honest with you the hamsters were an impulse buy. I've always liked reptiles and amphibians. I wont get bored with a snake because I've had a snake before and I really liked it. But I moved down to Georgia and had to get rid of it because I was living with my mother and I couldnt get it down there. I think I also got the hamsters because I had a gf and I thought I needed a cute pet for when she came over. LOL It did score me some points having a cute pet. haha I just dont want the hamsters anymore. I want to use their tub for my snake. I have a few tubs over here (because where theres horses theres tubs) and I am planning on making a neat little settup for my room with tubs. I can get some maybe 4inch wide pvc pip and connect it to a bunch of tubs thruought my room. That way I can have one large tub for like the living room for the snake. I can make like a small bucket or something for his hide (A couple of them) and make other little rooms. You know what I mean? I think it will be kinda a fun project. I got the materials. Except the pipe, but that isnt a problem. You guys think thats a good idea? It would be more like a den kinda deal with tunnels like some snakes live in. I dont know if Corns are underground tunnel snakes though. But im sure it'd love the settup. What do you all think?

Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 AM   #83
starsevol
Just my opinion here.....let the chips fall where they may,,,,

You have 2 FRIENDLY hamsters that arent hurting anyone that you are tired of after buying them impulsively for the sole reason to impress a girl......

You want the tub they reside in so you can make some kind of funky habitrail for your snake, which it really doesn't need in the first place.

If you can't get a petshop to buy them you want to feed them to your snake, even though there is a chance your snake might not want to go back to mice later.

Sounds a little irresponsible and immature to me, to tell you the truth.

I hope you at least CO2 the poor things first and don't throw them into the freezer alive. That really IS a cruel death.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:04 AM   #84
tom e
Agreed.
I also wonder if your new desire to feed your hamsters away came after you were booted from the hamster forum?
Maybe (seeing as how you're a new corn snake owner) that's the blackmail that has everyone biting their tongues for you here?

I'm sure you're a swell guy (despite your presentation) but you seem like you're trying to bait people.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:15 AM   #85
Almase
That was not the sole reason to impress the girl. Impressing had nothing to do with it. lol how do you impress somone with a hamster. It was just a cute little thing I thought she'd like. Cause she likes little rodents. Im not going to start in on this again or I am going to lose my temper. It has NOTHING to do with immaturity. What the hell am I supposed to do with two hamsters I am getting rid of if no one will take them? Personally I dont care if you think its cruel or not. I'll smash the little bastards under my foot if I feel like it just to piss you off. So can it on how I treat a hamster. Theres people dying in Iraq, there are child slaves in China, there are people kidnapped for sex slaves in Ukraine and all you talk about is if I CO2 a hamster!?

Why would I wanna feed my hamster to a snake just cause I got booted? Where is the logic? Are you an idiot? How is that "blackmail"? Do you know what that word means? I didnt try to bait anyone into anything. I simply asked a question and things got carried further and further away from the topic. What the hell is the big deal if its a hamster or a mouse? Seriously? How is it cruel if I wanna feed a pet hamster but not a feeder mouse? Is it the word "Pet" that gets you guys going? What if I bought the hamsters as feeders to begin with and I just didnt have a snake at the time? Is that better? And I am not a new cornsnake owner. I just got one again since along time ago. See, what I said to Stars is "baiting" her.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #86
tom e
LMAO.

Firstly, I know people are dying in Iraq, I've seen it first-hand. I don't post much about it here because this is a corn snake forum, not because I care more about your hamsters.
I understand you're a young guy with some radical ideas trying to find out who he is and hopefully find his place and people that love him. Best of luck to you in that regard. I hope you change the world for the better and everyone admires you for it.

For a start, you might want to just reread the things you type, to see what kind of respect you're showing other people. That won't compromise your ideals or opinion a bit.

As far as the hamsters go, I don't really care what you do with them as much as I care how you treat people here.

And "accept me or the hamsters get it" is blackmail..

Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 AM   #87
diamondlil
Just a suggestion (remember I'm NOT a hamster lover). Why not offer them to a local school if they're really friendly? I've only ever met 1 hamster that didn't try to take my finger off, so maybe I'm biased, but really friendly hamsters sound like someone would want them.
You might have more luck with the petshop manager, at my local shop I've traded some of the prettier mice for dry goods through the manager who I've known for years. When I'd spoken to one of the assisstants she was really snotty about it and said there was no way they'd do it.
If you do decide to kill and freeze the hamsters, I have another suggestion. When I buy frozen mice that've been co2'd, they are twisted into shapes that suggest to me that they don't die cleanly. I actually have to relax out their bodies to make them easier for the snakes to deal with after they're defrosted. The mice I kill at home with a swift blow to the back of the head relax out as they die. I live in town now but grew up in the country with family running farms, and was always told the best thing is to raise feed animals well, and give them a quick, clean death.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:41 AM   #88
Flagg
Quote:
It has NOTHING to do with immaturity.
Quote:
Personally I dont care if you think its cruel or not. I'll smash the little bastards under my foot if I feel like it just to piss you off.
You were saying something about immaturity?

Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #89
SkyChimp
I know what Almase can do with his hamsters. I bet he has some duct tape.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #90
ssmith_1187
Quote:
I thought I needed a cute pet for when she came over.
Quote:
That was not the sole reason to impress the girl. Impressing had nothing to do with it.
I believe that is what they call a question of semantics.

Regards,
Steve

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google