CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

We've all been doing it wrong!

Old 08-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Sweetseraph
We've all been doing it wrong!

I was completely unaware that we were supposed to COOK the mice before feeding to the snakes!!! Obviously the people doing the field work failed to notice the stoves in the wild corns' kitchens.

Luckily, my local Kijiji has an ad up right now regarding this, or I would still be completely clueless:

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other...AdIdZ227161876

Hi i am selling my corn snake, it is a female hypo corn snake, she is held daily and is fed on fridays, usaly between 5-9 pm,that is the time she enjoys eating at , she eats pinkie mice that are frozen in the freezer untill fed, must be boiled till cooked,cooled to room tempeture then use tongs feed. She is only a couple months old and was purchase for 80.00 at reptile wrangler, and is extremly healthy, Just the snake for sale. Email if interested

still available as long as add is still up!

Old 08-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Wow-I wonder how many replies that person got, telling them they were doing it wrong...LOL

Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Lennycorn
Well... I like mine medium rare.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
oneirogenesis
My snakes do enjoy a good rat chili or pinky pie. It's important to vary your cooking techniques so that your snakes don't get bored eating the same old frozen dinners every night.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
MysticExotics
How about BBQ'd? yummy

Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
tyflier
Oh. My. [insert deity of personal preferance]!

Let's see...paid $80, only a couple months old, yet extremely healthy. Makes me wonder why this individual is selling the snake at all...

psssst...my guess would be it's not eating right, but...what do I know??

Old 09-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
ZoologyGirl
I serve mine with a side of steamed veggies, and some banana cream pie for dessert.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
oneirogenesis
This thread is officially making me hungry.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
abell82
"she eats pinkie mice that are frozen in the freezer untill fed, must be boiled till cooked, cooled to room tempeture then use tongs feed."

So they freeze the mice, then they boil the mice and THEN they cook the mice??? Talk about NO nutritional value! What temp do you cook a mouse at, once it's been boiled?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #10
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier View Post
Oh. My. [insert deity of personal preferance]!

Let's see...paid $80, only a couple months old, yet extremely healthy. Makes me wonder why this individual is selling the snake at all...

psssst...my guess would be it's not eating right, but...what do I know??
Considering they are asking only $25 for the snake, I'll bet you hit the nail right on the head!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google