CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

This is Mona

Old 01-31-2018, 01:40 AM   #1
Ninabeena
This is Mona

This is the little beauty that my son bought me for Christmas. I think she's what is called anery but I'm not positive. The pics aren't fabulous but this was right after I got her and in the don't handle phase.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:18 AM   #2
CornsAustria
cute - she do not look like a pure corn from head and pattern - maybe you can take new pictures from the head later
thank you and congrats to this beauty

Old 01-31-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
Shiari
What you have appears to be a gray rat snake!

Old 01-31-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Ninabeena
Wait, so my son went to the pet shop, picked out a corn snake but they actually sold him a rat snake? I'm so confused. On the papers from the shop it states corn snake but you are saying it's not.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #5
Shiari
That is correct. I once bought a corn from a pet store that was labeled as a garter snake. The workers at pet stores generally don't actually know morphs or much about the different types of rat snakes (corns are a type of rat snake, too.)

Old 01-31-2018, 07:32 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
Take no fear. A Corn snake and rat snake are in the same family. A corn snake used to be called "Red Rat Snake" before the term corn snake came about. And I still think you might have a Corn snake, there are so many morphs and colors now it's hard to tell. An anery corn snake would in fact look similar to a grey rat snake. But even if it is a grey rat snake, you still have a great snake, and they too make wonderful pets.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #7
Ninabeena
I really love my little noodle and want to be part of this community here but if she is a rat and not a corn then am I still allowed here? I'm also wondering if she will get a lot bigger than a corn if she is indeed a rat *sigh*. It upsets me that the pet store did this also.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:18 PM   #8
Karl_Mcknight
if the store told you it was a corn, and you paid for a corn, it's a corn. Just because a few people look at some pictures and then tell you "It looks like a grey rat snake" does not make it one.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #9
Ninabeena
I have looked at a ton of pics of the grey rat snakes and they don't have that yellow on them like Mona but I'm a total beginner. All the anery corns that I have looked at look similar to Mona but again who knows lol. I don't love her any less regardless of what she is but perhaps I may be needing a larger tank down the line instead of a 20 gal long. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I just don't want to have to leave this community.

I love reading about corns, seeing all the wonderful pics, all the wonderful stories etc. I guess a mod or admin will let me know if it's still okay to post progress pics . Thanks for the encouragement Karl.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 PM   #10
CornsAustria
Nina - without a picture its hard because no one can see the yellow that you are talking about... pet shop is known for that, they sell animals and pets that they don't know a lot about... and why ? they don't care - for them the only important thing is to sell !

and

Karl - thats not right - I don't agree with you.
She wanted a cornsnake, but this is - when you look at the pictures not a corn, and I'm not alone with this thinking BUT a animal is a animal, and a pet is a pet and no matter what this beauty is, she deserve to stay and love by you Nina...
Stay here in this forum - rat's are in the same family like corn's

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google