CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Carpet Pythons

Old 08-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #101
hypnoctopus
Beautiful pictures! I love carpets, and I'm torn between getting one of these guys or a dumerils boa in the future. The carpets have such a nice pattern and I like how they're fairly slender, but I would want to make sure that whichever one I got had a great temperament.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #102
solo1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Beautiful pictures! I love carpets, and I'm torn between getting one of these guys or a dumerils boa in the future. The carpets have such a nice pattern and I like how they're fairly slender, but I would want to make sure that whichever one I got had a great temperament.
Carpet OR Dumeril's? Wait, we're only supposed to have one? Oops!

I'm a carpet girl, mostly Heather's fault. But another carpet friend sent me a baby Dumeril's with my carpet order last year. Absolutely awesome snake. So if you can only choose one, either choice will be a good one.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #103
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Thank you!! I'd say go for the Carpet Pythons, but I'm biased. Boas do nothing for me.
I'm not a fan of any of the bigger snakes, actually. Carpets are the biggest I'll own.

For temperment, almost all babies tend to be bitey, in general, with the exception of Inlands. Jungles tend to be more snarky even as adults, especially Zebras.
Coastal can go either way. Tiger Coastals tend to be bitey.
IJ's tend to mellow out with age, & they stay smaller of the Carpets.

My absolute favorites are Inlands & Granite IJ's.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #104
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo1979 View Post
Carpet OR Dumeril's? Wait, we're only supposed to have one? Oops!

I'm a carpet girl, mostly Heather's fault. But another carpet friend sent me a baby Dumeril's with my carpet order last year. Absolutely awesome snake. So if you can only choose one, either choice will be a good one.
Hehe...yeah, I am kinda responsible for your Morelia addiction, huh?

Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #105
solo1979
Just a little bit.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #106
ratsncorns
An inland is definitely on my list. I almost got one last year but the price was hefty since there are so few in captivity. I figured I would wait a few years. They are desirable to me because of their small size and temperament.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #107
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
An inland is definitely on my list. I almost got one last year but the price was hefty since there are so few in captivity. I figured I would wait a few years. They are desirable to me because of their small size and temperament.
I love, love, love my Inlands!
The first one is my wee one from Justin Julander, the other three are a 1.2 from Nick Mutton.

They have a fabulous temperment! I love their coloring too.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #108
ratsncorns
Maybe I can borrow one of yours just for fun? LOL

Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #109
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
Maybe I can borrow one of yours just for fun? LOL
Haha! Nope, not letting mine go anywhere. But I know where you can get them

Old 02-20-2014, 10:57 PM   #110
Alicia P
Love, love all the pictures in this thread!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google