CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

open mouth breathing

Old 12-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
crzymom2grl2by
open mouth breathing

So Nagini still never completely closes her mouth. I was googling signs of illness in snakes and it says this could be a sign of RI and to put it in a quaratine container, warmer, & in a quiet room. Do you think I should do this? She's active and eats fine. This is how her mouth was when I got her, I didn't know it wasn't normal.

And it also said if their mouth was pale, so here's the best pic I could get.

My other snake's mouth is dark red, but I assume that is due to her albino genes.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #2
Todd120
Does she sneeze or have sinus discharge?

Old 12-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
Nanci
Vet visit.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Vet visit.
Yeah for sure since we really can't tell from pics what's going on...

To me, it appears her head is swollen. Also it looks like a stuck shed just on her head. She go through a shed cycle recently? Again, to me, from the pics it doesn't appear that she is open mouth breathing. Maybe it's all camera angle ?

Hope all go's well

Old 12-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
Nanci
I thought she looked like she had a puffy throat, too. Which is not uncommon when the snake is blue or clear.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
crzymom2grl2by
She's never shed since I got her on November 6th. Hoping she will soon. Neither has my other one they I got the same day. Seems like they should be ready to shed any day. Unfortunately we just had $1400 unexpected bills with both vehicles so can't even pay regular bills. Vet will have to wait. I'm hoping she'll be fine once she sheds. She doesn't have any other symptoms. I don't even know what open mouth breathing looks like. If anyone has a pic please post so I can compare. Maybe this is just get normal.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #7
Todd120
Here are a couple with mouth closed normally. They close tightly. There is a small opening left open for the tongue to pass through. Yours is definitely not closing all the way. It could be lots of different things. The vet is a good idea.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #8
Todd120
Here you go.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
crzymom2grl2by
I know what regular closed mouth looks like as I have two other baby corns. I want to see pic of open mouth breathing. I think I'll Google it.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
HVani
Google mouth rot and you will see pictures of snakes with their mouth stuck open in a similar way. I'm not saying she has mouth rot, it will just give you the pictures you want.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google