• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not the best day for herps

Alli_Draggy

Wadjet's family
We did our first official herping trip, with not one but two herpetologists, and it was kind of a slow day. Some of the group saw the tail of a black racer, but it was living up to it's name, a frog leaped out of vision, and a skink headed into the leaves. There was also a DOR copperhead.

Here's what stuck around and a few pictures.

1013531_10201674858027567_447294207_n.jpg

1013531_10201674858067568_994885632_n.jpg

1013531_10201674858107569_1363795980_n.jpg

Hoping for better next time!

awe,

that looks like a lot of fun!! lol
I plan in saving up for a trip to Texas, next year hopefully! "
I wish we could go herping in Ontario but garter snake after garter snake with the extremely rare massasauga rattlers.. nothing like the states here! :(

but I hope the next trip for you guys goes much better!

PS. adorable photo of your daughter reminds me of a young me! ;)
and I LOVE her name, but am unsure if I'm pronouncing it right or not.. alidraggy is it all one word? a Nick name? lol sorry for all the way off topic questions but I love unique names!

Alli would LOVE to see the Garter snake dens up in Canada-and a missasagua rattlesnake, too. Allidraggy is what we use for her username on the forums that she's on or that she shares (the snake ones I mostly post on, and she lurks and looks at everyone's beautiful pictures, and tries to talk me into yet another snake. She'd LOVE to dive into breeding those adorable babies)

It's towards the end of the season for most herps here, but it was a pretty, sunny day-I wish more had been out.

aha. yeah I guess some of the herps up here are pretty neat, I just think they would br much more abundant in warm places lol and I know how she feels! lol

I'd LOVE to breed one of my snakes one day, when I know more and have time, money, and space to house the babies! lol :) but one day ill see piping babies! :eek:

Back