CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Calling All Lurkers

Old 11-27-2018, 09:46 AM   #1
Twolunger
Calling All Lurkers

The forum is really dragging lately, very few posts and very little in the way of discussion. Rich monitors the activity, and if the forum no longer meets the needs of the corn snake community, it will disappear. Tell us what is happening with your corns, post pictures, tell us how you are developing the morphs you like, tell us how you maintain the health of your corns, tell us the best and worse things you encountered with your corns. Don't assume your topic won't be of interest to other members or guests. You may encourage others to chime in with their experiences too.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
MysticExotics
I'm in limbo right now, until I start pairing. I've been working on getting property set up to build a house on. I'm hoping to move over this spring or summer, and once I'm settled, I can ramp up my projects.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
mcnann_fam
Not much going on here. Valentine is growing like a weed. She is on hoppers now. I need to weigh her to see how much she weighs now. She is currently snuggled into her moss box for shed but I'll grab some photos of her once she is out. She is a very sweet tempered snake. Handles great and eats like a champ.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:54 PM   #4
Twolunger
My corn collection often seems to grow despite my sworn goal to reduce their numbers. I was lucky this year when I found a buyer for all my hatchlings, plus 5 proven adults. Once in a while I blunder into a really good deal that I can't pass up. I saw an ad for a sub-adult hypo lavender het caramel and bloodred male, and an adult amaretto het bloodred, and the guy threw in a sub-adult stripe ultramel het lavender female. I bred the male to the amaretto female and kept 5 of their 7 hatchlings. So my lavender project is off and running.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
chris68
There are so many informative and interesting discussions that have been posted here over the years, would be a shame to see it all disappear. Maybe we can "Make Cornsnakes.com Great Again" My corn snake projects are few, but I'm excited for them none the less. I'm currently raising up my hold back Abbott line Okeetee to breed to a pretty "Extreme" Reverse Okeetee. The goal is to just produce some nice looking "Classic" normals that should rival the prettiest of Okeetees. While the ERO is most likely to have an Okeetee background, I'll still call the kids "Classics". I love "Snow" morph corns, and my Snow Buf project kicks off next season. The parents are F1 siblings, an "Orange" (Amel Buf) het Dilute, Motley and Anery A and an "Orange" Tessera with the same het genes. While Buf Snow's are the main goal, there should be a neat mix of Amels in this clutch

Old 12-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #6
SnakeCreations
Hi All!

I would agree, some robust discussion is in order. I have been doing some really productive research on the new morphs since I last bred Corns and Kings. Also, I've learned that snakes don't sell as well in Washington State as they did in Utah, bummer as I bought some groups and didn't need all the snakes in the group, despite pricing well. So, some lessons learned.

-Tonya

Old 12-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #7
67temp
I can't wait to start my first year of breeding projects. I have 2 planned clutches for this coming year and 7 planned for the following. I just pulled one pair from brumation and put another pair down into it.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #8
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
I can't wait to start my first year of breeding projects. I have 2 planned clutches for this coming year and 7 planned for the following. I just pulled one pair from brumation and put another pair down into it.
Wow! That's awesome-.. Do you have a website or list of what your potential hatchlings are?

-Tonya

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Old 12-03-2018, 12:43 AM   #9
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCreations View Post
Hi All!

I would agree, some robust discussion is in order. I have been doing some really productive research on the new morphs since I last bred Corns and Kings. Also, I've learned that snakes don't sell as well in Washington State as they did in Utah, bummer as I bought some groups and didn't need all the snakes in the group, despite pricing well. So, some lessons learned.

-Tonya
It just takes the right buyer that sees your ad. Sometimes I pass up a nice corn
because my extra cash went for a rodent order. I've run ads locally with no response for months, and then two people email me at the same time wanting the snakes. A good time to sell is when the federal income tax returns are mailed out.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:18 AM   #10
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCreations View Post
Wow! That's awesome-.. Do you have a website or list of what your potential hatchlings are?

-Tonya

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
No website but my wife and I do have a FB page for reptiles and rodents. https://www.facebook.com/silenthillreptiles/

The first pairing is an amel het charcoal ph anery X amel with unknown hets. This clutch is mostly to just gain some experience and test the female for any hets.

The second clutch I'm hoping will be a caramel, sunkissed, bloodred, Miami ph amel, cinder X extreme okeetee. I'm hoping for a nice looking Miami okeetee to hold back.

I staggered the two clutches so I wouldn't get overwhelmed my first year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google