CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My males and my female are sleeping now.....

Old 09-06-2002, 05:24 PM   #1
CAcornguy
My males and my female are sleeping now.....

Ok. I have 2 males, 1 Anery, and 1 normal, and my Female is a Caramel corn, and she is BIG....maybe 4 1/2 feet. She just finished digesting her last meal (a large rat) and I put her in with the males for Hibernation (or whatever it is called). Thquestions I have are:
1. Do you have any tips on the temerature that should be maintained while they sleep?

2. How long should they be in there?

3. After taking them out of the sleep, should I feed them, and put the males in with the female after about a week?

I do not know if the female has bred before, but She is very large, so how many eggs would you guess she could lay?

I appreciate everyone who will respond and help me out. I will take pictures along the way.
P.S. The Female also seems to have 2 stripes going down her back along with the regular pattern. What does that mean?? THANKS!

Old 09-07-2002, 05:29 AM   #2
Neil
There's a bit on my website about breeding but for now:

Temps: 45-65 degrees F (7-18 C).
Feeding: Feed them about a week after temps have returned to normal.
Mating: I think I read that the female is at her peak about a week after her post-brumation shed. This can occur a few weeks after normal temps have been regained.

Snakes should be kept separately throughout brumation because they are not asleep and could mate without you knowing.

I would strongly suggest you read as much as you can before you breed your animals.

Old 09-07-2002, 11:24 PM   #3
dartguy
he neil-thats a beautiful reverse oketee on your website

Old 09-08-2002, 06:30 AM   #4
Neil
Yeah, all the pics are beautiful..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google