CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

creamsickle?

Old 11-25-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
2i2_D3gr33s
creamsickle?

I was at the local pet store today, and they had a snow (which didn't look good at all) an albino motley (which I may pic up, it was gorgeous) and 3 creamsickles. What exactly is a creamsickle. One was fairly colorful, but the other two had less color in them than the albino that I own. Could these have been mislabled, or are the colors so close that it's hard to tell?

Old 11-25-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
mbdorfer
A creamsicle is a cross between an amelanistic corn and a Great Plains rat snake. They can look like ordinary amels but the good ones have no red. IMO
An example:

Old 11-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #3
2i2_D3gr33s
So do you think that the creamsickle that had plenty of red in it was mislabled, or is it possible that a creamsickle could have quite a bit of red in it?

Old 11-26-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
mbdorfer
Yes, they can look just like regular amels. If there is any Emoryi blood in the lineage at all, a responsible breeder will label them as creams

Old 11-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Llewella
This is mine creamsicle:

And its father is yellow; here is a link to its picture.

Some creamsicles look like butters, some creamsicle are more orange to red.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google