CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Normal/wild type?

Old 07-23-2016, 06:55 AM   #11
NiklasTyreso
I think it is a normal hypo with grey coloration.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #12
DollysMom
I was thinking hypo as well. I'm hoping Shiari or Dragonling, or another breeder who knows their morphs will weigh in.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #13
Dragonling
Non-solid belly checks and head pattern might suggest some emoryi influence? Otherwise looks normal/WT. I'd expect more red or at least paler color in the iris for hypo.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #14
HerpsOfNM
That yellow pre-ontogenic color change dorsal marking and those brown blotches smell of the sweetness of caramelization....

EDIT: Added photos for comparison of caramel vs normal, granted these are much younger than OP's snake, but you can still see the variation.

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=caramel - Caramel also has a natural reduction in melanin associated to it; blotch borders and belly checkering may have a discernable difference over what is considered a more classic border or checker. Even then, wild snakes can have such natural variation.

CC2014-FBSC-001-7-13-2014
by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC2014-FBSN-005-7-13-2014

Old 07-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #15
DollysMom
Wow, the yellow went right past me. I totally missed seeing it.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #16
Dragonling
Explains the greenish eyes pretty well, though I wouldn't expect a caramel to have such orange colored saddles. Caramel was never something I paid much attention to.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:57 PM   #17
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Explains the greenish eyes pretty well, though I wouldn't expect a caramel to have such orange colored saddles. Caramel was never something I paid much attention to.
Going the attachment route...I hope, might have to shift gears to flickr.

1 & 2...caramel and caramel tessera OOE. The caramel refused to eat and eventually passed later that year (2013). The caramel tessera here is my ever wonderful Thor. These were taken 7-17-2013.

3, 4, and 5...post-hatching shed 7-26-2013. only 5 attachments allowed, so posting a reply to this reply

Old 07-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #18
HerpsOfNM
This photo is hatchling vs yearling progression:

Thor-CC14-FBSCT-013

Attachments:
Photos 1 & 2, Thor's August 2013 progression...

Photos 3 & 4, by Sept 2013.

I hatched a non-tessera caramel in 2014, but I don't seem to have photos of it beyond hatchling. Unfortunately for the sake of this thread, tessera seems to amplify coloration and non-tessera, normal-blotched siblings seem to also benefit from this; there appears to be a clarity/cleanliness associated to them.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:39 AM   #19
gekkos
Hey everyone thanks for all the great input. My snake has been changing colors. He recently seemed to have gone through a growth spurt. He has an interesting look to him now. His head has much more color to him than the rest of his body. He finiahed his shed not long ago but he looks like his lower half is dull like in shed. Here are some more recent pictures. I've noticed his darker colorations fading away. I know someone mentioned possible emoryi influence.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Old 07-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #20
HerpsOfNM
Gekkos, though there is a possibility of emoryi influence, I'd almost virtually rule it out. Though your white balance is off in that recent head shot, you can tell yellow is coming in where his hatchling/juvenile gray background is. The brown blotching is also a characteristic. If you reference the photos I provided above, you can see the "turning of the corner" the coloration starts to take with age. In post #18 (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=18) you can see recently hatched vs 1 year later does.

I still think he's a caramel corn; pretty confident in that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google