• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

PRO EXOTICS RAFFLE - WINNERS CHOSEN!

Yes, 12 winners. I have asked people for their preferences if they win (just because I wanted to find out who would prefer a single snake as opposed to a trio, or if they have specific reasons for not wanting certain snakes) so I will be drawing names and then assigning snakes in that order. I can't promise people will get their first pick or preference, but I'm trying to consider people who are looking for a pet or a breeding project, or if they already have snakes from a certain person, etc.

I like to think I'm unbiased in this aspect because though I am a long-term member, I've never actually met anyone from the forums (that I know of!) and don't have any leanings towards anyone in the raffle.

so...You wont get a choice in which to pick from which ever are left?? Am I understanding that correctly? Shouldn't you draw a ticket and then ask the winner which group, set or one they want if it's available...then move on to the next one...and so forth

so...You wont get a choice in which to pick from which ever are left?? Am I understanding that correctly? Shouldn't you draw a ticket and then ask the winner which group, set or one they want if it's available...then move on to the next one...and so forth

I think that would take a lot of time to accomplish. Waiting for each person to respond could be a day each or 10 minutes. I don't take part in many raffles. Do you normally get to choose what you get?

I agree the whole point of "raffle" is you win what you win.

"Picking" shouldn't really be part of the equation, I personally will be happy winning, (or even not winning as the case might be).

Like I said, I asked people what their preferences are. I don't guarantee anything, but I did want to know who would prefer to have single snakes instead of breeding groups so people with pet animals and not huge collections don't get overwhelmed. Also, I have people who have donated snakes also buy tickets, and it would just be silly if they ended up winning their own snakes.

Time is very limited in this case, the weather is getting colder and I can't wait for days for people to decide what they want because the safety for the animals getting sent through the mail in November is my main concern. I am the final decider on who gets what, most people have flat out told me that they would be happy to win anything, and frankly I think that's the correct attitude. I think this is the quickest and easiest way to get everything sorted out in a raffle with multiple prizes. Sorry to be so frank about it, but that's how I feel.

Sorry to be nit-picky, I know the whole point here is to help out someone fallen on hard time, sorry to put any negativity into it! And Thanks you for organizing this whole thing as well.

OK...can I have my head back now..sheesh Yes that's how auctions for multiple items I have bought raffle tickets from in the past have been sorry I was just trying to not misunderstand how it was going to work by asking questions to clarify, and I understand the whole point of helping someone out hence my interest in the auction.

hehe Glad I am not the only one feeling like that! I felt abit odd feeling like that but its almost like x-mas!! You are hopeing to get something.... then think about the possiblities! hehe :)

No additional tickets sold at the moment, so if you want to get in on this, it's coming down to the wire!

And Kevin, I wasn't biting your head off, just being very blunt with how this is going to be run. If it weren't so close to Winter I would probably invest more time in letting people take their time to chose snakes one by one. If anyone's name is drawn and they don't like what they are given, I'm very happy to draw another winner and give them a chance. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT!

One of my female babies went missing today. So unless she turns up some time tonight (hopefully she will) then she is no longer able to be raffled off. This will leave 2 trios of ph Opal Cinder babies, and no single female. Sorry about that, but Murphy decided to join in on the fun at the last minute it seems!

Back