• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

People suck

ghosthousecorns

...who abandon kittens out in the country! And may there be a special place in hell for such folks. :punch:

Found these 3 kittehs hiding under my car late this morning. They were NOT there first thing in the morning, but at some point between 8 AM and 11 AM someone must have dumped them, because as soon as they heard me come down the porch stairs they ran up to me crying. These are way too socialized to be feral kittens, and so young if their mama was nearby she would likely still be taking care of them.

Why are people so messed up

About the last pic: This does NOT mean they get to stay!!!

Attachments

• Ginger.jpg
    Ginger.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 185
  • cremesicle.jpg
    cremesicle.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 186
  • tortie.jpg
    tortie.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 186
  • kitties 3.jpg
    kitties 3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 186
Adorable kitties !
Thankfully there are people like you that offset the bad ones !

SOoooo 1 parent was Amel, het Anery and the other Anery, het Amel to produce a litter with a Snow, Anery and Amel ?? :)

I think the lighter one might be a creamsicle LOL

Sadly, the darker of the two ginger tabbies seems to be missing this AM. I called the shelter yesterday and they are closed mondays so I figured I would try again today. I was reluctant to bring them in the house because I already have a 15 year old house cat that I did not want to expose to them since they are not wormed or vaccinated. I thought they would be OK for just one night if I lured them onto the porch, but apparently they went back under the truck and something- fox, raccoon? must have got one of them.
These babies should still be with their mama to defend them! I feel like such a heel for not bringing them inside. I have the other 2 in my bathroom now, shelter opens at 10. It's a no kill shelter, I just hope they take them. I can't leave them out to get picked off one by one :(

oh, they are so cute. That is why i have 3 cats. My husband brought one home from work, whose mother was with her one day and gone the next and so was the garbage in the dumpster. So we assumed mom got picked up accidenlly with the trash, cause they found the baby crying by the empty bin. So he brought her home. The next spring someone tossed a kitten over my fence, and we heard her crying in our wood pile. and that made 3, we started out with a cat that was already 10 years old and 2 dogs, but the 2 young ones actually gave the old girl some new life. So your kindness will be repayed.

Well, the shelter had no room so they are still in my bathroom. My other cat is so mad right now, pouting and sulking. She wants nothing to do with them! But I guess they have to be inside or get eaten. I feel so terrible about the little ginger one.
I can understand a lot of things as far as making mistakes in life, but dumping unwanted pets is low and lame. Too bad that if you dumped people like that by the side of the road they wouldn't get eaten by predators or hit by cars.

Last edited:
Very cute little guys. You could try advertising them on Craigslist or in another local classifieds with a small rehoming fee.

It IS possible that mama cat brought them there herself, finding a new hiding place she thought was warm and safe and dry.

I have asked neighbors if they had a mama cat with kittens and they all said no. I've been on the lookout for any cats unfamiliar in the neighborhood. I'm pretty rural, so I figured they were just dumped. The fact they are so friendly makes me doubt it's a feral litter. Maybe mama was dumped too and hiding. Anyway that would be great if she came back for the one and is taking care of it, but I feel maybe it was a predator. The neighbors lose a chicken every so often to little varmints around here.

Just a thought, if you haven't already, put some food and a space that could be used for shelter out on the porch....if the little one didn't get nabbed, maybe he/she is just hiding? I agree with everyone else - they are too cute!!!

Both of my cats are rescues, found Binx abandoned with 3 kittens in tow on the side of the road (close to starving)......

People can be such jerks....why dump the kittens??? *grrr*

Thank you for taking the little ones in - maybe if the no-kill shelter doesn't currently have room, they might be willing to help with the vaccines and you could ask to be a foster for them if they all check out? My concern with introducing unknown little ones to any other pets is making sure they don't have FIV...and the other one I can't remember....if FIV clear maybe the older kitty will get used to them??

I want the second one, the peachy grey tones are beautiful! Planning a trip to Phoenix anytime soon?????

I wish it were as easy to ship kitties as snakes!
"Creamsicle" and "Rootbeer" have a vet appt today to get dewormed and first shots. Creamsicle is the love bug of the two and stays on my lap to be loved on, Rootbeer is more playful she will tolerate being cuddled for like 5 seconds, then it's off to play!

Not if grumpy miss Shadow has any say in the matter! She's the cat of the house and is furious about the 2 intruders.
My vet says they are a little too small for shots yet, thinks they are about 6-7 weeks old. But they tested negative for any nasties and have been wormed. As I suspected, both girls.

They are getting bigger. My real camera is down right now but I got a couple pics with my kindle. I'm still looking for homes, Shadow is still being a grump about them. Cats are such jealous creatures! But they can't stay in my spare bathroom forever...

Attachments

• creansicle kitty.jpg
    creansicle kitty.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 37
  • rootbeer kitten.jpg
    rootbeer kitten.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 36
Back