• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yellow Okeetee?

Yeah, I'm curious too! Such a beautiful snake, I would be SO tempted to buy one if I had the chance o_0.

Oh my. That really is an awesome animal. For once I'm really glad to see a thread dug up.

Also put me on the list of those who said "WHAT HAPPENED??!!":grin01:

I'm obsessed with this snake, not only because Okeetee's are my favorite, but because the golden and silver colors are just too perfect.
I contacted BlueKing (Zee) on the other forum (after becoming a member, but I actually hate how confusing it is), asking him to answer to some of our questions here at CS.com. I know he was able to get some golden F2s.
I also found this other awesome picture of the golden girl here: http://images.google.com/imgres?img...+corn&um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&sa=N

THANK YOU JP... AND... my sincere apologies...

for not keeping some of you updated on what happened to the "golden" project. My life has been quite busy and most of it has been spent overseas. I am once again (for the last time), finding myself going overseas. I do have two older sons that will assist me in caring for my animals while I do my last tour overseas (Iraq/Afghanistan) and then come home for good. I only recently returned from Afghanistan (this summer), so I have only been home for about two months.
This year has been a BAD YEAR for ME (and the golden corns):
I had asked my son to breed the four female hets and the original golden female with the male hets. All of the cages were well marked. My son accidentally mixed up two of the hets when he was cleaning their cages, which also resulted in getting two more hets getting placed in the wrong cages. When he pulled them out in April and paired all the golden hets, all he really paired correctly was ONE PAIR!!! The other four cages had: two males in two cages, and two females in the other two cages. When I came home early in the summer I noticed that he only paired ONE PAIR properly. So I got seven good eggs out of only one female(het), and they DID hatch recently with dissapointing results: All hatched but one got stuck in the egg and died due to a kink in its' spine. The only golden corn out of those seven eggs was the one that died in the egg... The other six are doing fine, but are all hets...
I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH MY SON...
So THIS time I WILL try to come home in APRIL for a short vacation so I can ensure that all of the golden corn hets will be paired up properly!!! If for some reason I cannot make it home I have promised my son $500 bonus IF he pairs up all my corns PROPERLY and I get FIVE batches of golden het eggs!!! My son is a good man and I trust he WILL do the right thing this time.

I currently still have the original golden corn mom & two juvenile golden corns that are a little over two feet long and are doing great (one male & one female). And of course twelve older hets - four females and eight males that are all at least three feet long and ready to go for next year...
I strongly believe that by next (late) summer I WILL be able to start selling a few golden corns for the first time ever AND some hets...
Once again please accept my apologies and THANK you JP for the wake-up call... I am currently out of state but will return home for a weekend and take some more updated pics of the young and the mother golden corn and post them here next week.
BTW: The original golden corn WAS found by myself and my son in late September 2004, in Cumberland county, North Carolina (not South Carolina) while cruising the back roads in hopes of finding a male corn snake for my sons' pet female corn. So if hadn't been for my son I would have never went out that day....
(Here's a recent outdoor pic of the golden corn momma that I took about a month ago. She's just over four foot and her colors have faded a little. I guess she's getting old/er. I don't know her exact age since I found her as an adult in the wild)
THANK YOU for your patience, AND understanding (I hope),

Carsten "ZEE" Zoldy

Attachments

• golden momma 1.jpg
    golden momma 1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 276
Breeding results

So THIS time I WILL try to come home in APRIL for a short vacation so I can ensure that all of the golden corn hets will be paired up properly!!! If for some reason I cannot make it home I have promised my son $500 bonus IF he pairs up all my corns PROPERLY and I get FIVE batches of golden het eggs!!! My son is a good man and I trust he WILL do the right thing this time.

Just curious, with the poor results over the past few years, why not enlist the help of a breeder such as SMR, RichZ or Morh? It would be better to get 1/2 of a clutch that to not get anything over the past few seasons. Just a question I have wondered

dc

Just curious, with the poor results over the past few years, why not enlist the help of a breeder such as SMR, RichZ or Morh? It would be better to get 1/2 of a clutch that to not get anything over the past few seasons. Just a question I have wondered

dc

I like that idea....:sidestep:

Carsten, thanks for the update. I sometimes see a corn that reminds me of the Golden Corn and wonder whatever happened with her.

OMG it actually worked!!! :D
Thank you so much Carsten for taking some time of your busy life to give us all an update. I can't wait for next year's results.

Absolutely the most beautiful snake I had ever seen in my life. I am relitively new to this board, and took the time to read through that entire thread a few days ago, and was amazed that the color of that snake, as well as the metalic look.
Wishing you all the luck in the world with that project, and wanted to say thanx to you for your service in the military. I have a son over in Iraq now, and all you guys are in our thoughts and prayers constantly !

you know, if it wasnt going to be one of those multi-million morphs, I would definitely buy one when they are available.... *daydreams about owning beautiful gold'n'silver corn*

Back