CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Age of Corn Snake Owners Poll.

Old 06-06-2002, 11:07 AM   #1
Gregg
Age of Corn Snake Owners Poll.

It appears to me that most of us Corn Snake owners are on the young side. Being the curious type, I'd like to see how the age of corn snake owners graphs out, so poke-a-dot and let's see.

This is an old thread. The original poll has been deleted, apparently. We could still do it, however.

As for myself, I will be 50 in October. I became interested in snakes at an early age--Late '50's, Early '60's--and chose to become a member of E. Ross Allen's Reptile Club, rather than becoming a Mousekateer. One day, I was about 9, I guess, my father told me to drop the rattlesnake that I was holding and he shot it dead with his .38 snub. He and my mother forebade my dealing with snakes after that ever again. Time past. I grew up and now have a son of my own.

In 1999, I brought home a worm snake and two Alligator lizards that I found while at work. He loved those pets. He played with the snake everyday. He called it Sparky. We tried to keep them well fed, but they started to refuse to eat, so I released them. I bought him his first corn snake in 2000, on his 6th birthday. He named him Spot. Spot, however, wasn't Sparky, so my son lost interest (He missed Sparky). I took over the care of Spot and the corn snake addiction then took over me. We now have nineteen corn snakes and one kingsnake a friend gave us.

Old 09-05-2002, 03:14 PM   #2
Neil
Well...

I'll be sixteen in a month and started keeping corns when I was thirteen.

There are quite a few older members as well as I've heard wives, husbands and kids mentioned several times.

Old 09-05-2002, 03:29 PM   #3
SilverTongue
ya forgot to add the poll but I am 28 will be 29 Dec 1st

Old 09-05-2002, 03:34 PM   #4
Elaphe_Mo
I'm 23, started keeping corns when I was 18 (although I volunteered with the state Rec. and Parks since I was about 6, working with most local snakes here in MD and of course liking corns the best!).

Old 09-05-2002, 04:35 PM   #5
Darin Chappell
No dot to poke, but ...

I'm 36. Older than some, but not nearly as old as Rich!

Old 09-05-2002, 05:22 PM   #6
Kevin M
I'm 16 with 11 years experience. Started out with an iguana & burmese python when I was 13, Got turned onto corns about 8 years ago and have been addicted since...

Old 09-05-2002, 05:41 PM   #7
Iris
Wow, Kevin I always had you pegged as like an old married guy! I don't think I've ever been quite so off in any of my inferences.

I'm 15. Even with only 10 months of corn experience, I'm just as addicted as any old timer.

Old 09-05-2002, 05:48 PM   #8
LadyChaos
26 with 6 years breeding experience, 9 years overall. I got hooked on herps when my dad brought home a red tail that he had saved during a snake call (he's a firefighter) when I was about 6. The next herp he saved was a Cal mountain king that we cleaned up, gave a good meal to and released back in the hills.

Old 09-05-2002, 06:36 PM   #9
kxv
I'll be 36 next month. I only have one corn which I purchased about 2 months ago.

Old 09-05-2002, 06:45 PM   #10
Kat
22, and have had reptiles off and on. My first experience with reptiles was an anole I caught at my grandma's house (in Florida) when I was a little kid...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google